HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Kooshack - 7 - was solid but did make a massive clanger
Bridge - 6
El-Abd - 6
Greer - 6
Calderon - 7
Bridcutt - 9 - MOM yet again for me, in superb form right now !!
Hammond - 6
Barnes - 8
Spanish Dave - 7
CMS - 5
Orlandi - 6

Subs -
All 6

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Kuszczak 6 - didn't have a lot to do, came and caught some crosses and release pressure, unlucky about the equilizer.....sh*t happens
Calderon 7 - Looked back to his best, got forward well and linked well with Lopez, thought after he got booked he stayed too deep
Greer 8 - For me he looked very good, i'm quite prone to critise GG but i thought he was brilliant today including a goal saving block from king just before zigic's goal. Also a couple of very good balls forward
El-abd 7- Calm, composed and just overall a decent el-abd performance
Bridge 6/7 - Played well but got beat by burke a couple of times, whether that was down to him or burke just playing well i dont know but didnt do a lot wrong
Bridcutt 9 - just cant talk highly enough of this lad, broke up play well, clever through balls and ocassional over the top and i dont think they got anything through him, best player on the pitch
Hammond 6 - supported bridcutt quite well, worked around the midfield well but just a decent performance
Lopez 7 - Great goal, linked up very well, covered calde and allowed him to get forward. Didn't see much of him in the 2nd half until he went off
Orlandi 7/8 - this guy has to be one of the best signings of the season, very intellegent and didnt mind covering the midfield. Penetrated their defence quite a lot
Barnes 7 - Took his goal very well, worked hard, normal ashley barnes performance. Great to see the backing he got after a LOT of unfair stick. This lad is a top player
CMS 6/7 - Different style of performance for him. Held up the ball well and looked very good with his back to goal but didn't look that comfortable at times. Constant running at the birmingham backline cause frequent problems. Can't wait to see him play alongside Ulloa!

Buckley 5 - I'm a big fan of buckley but i dont think i saw him do anything at all today
Dicker 5 - again, didnt really do a lot but gave another body in midfield. I'm a fan of dicker's but i dont feel he added anything today but probably at the time the right move to bring him on
Vicente 6 - looked decent when he came on. Getting back into it, his feet were very good and delivered a couple of decent crosses. On another day we would have scored 2 goals because of him today.

Overall, no one played bad at all. Poor marking and an out of character error cost us two goals today but we need to finish teams off. Had we got the 3rd goal, i've got no doubt we would have got a couple more. It was also nice to see Ulloa on the pitch before the game, his finishing looked top class! I honestly can't wait to see him play for us because he really is going to bring us a different dimension of play and i really think he's going to get goals. Look onward to Blackburn on tuesday night!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kuszczak 7
Calderon 7
Greer 6
ElAbd 7
Bridge 6
Bridcutt 8
Hammond 6
Lopez 7
Orlandi 7
Barnes 7
CMS 6

subs
Buckley 6
Dicker 6
Vicente 8

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Kuszczak - 7: Solid apart from the obvious clanger. Great to see the fans support him with the 'big Pole in our goal' chants at the end. He is a fantastic goalkeeper and we are lucky to have him.

Calderon - 7: Think Bruno will have a job getting back into the team. Got forward well and looked comfortable on the ball.

Greer - 6: Sometimes over-does the ball-playing centre back thing. Nearly lost possession in very dangerous areas on a couple of occasions.

El-Abd - 6: Given a needless yellow when he was all over the jailbird with the ball yards away.

Bridge - 7: I thought he did well. Burke is a good player and Bridge did well not to get too tight to him, but to still prevent too much danger coming down their right.

Bridcutt - 8: Some fantastic moments, looks to have grown in confidence recently which is unsurprising. Sometimes gives the ball away. No one's perfect.

Hammond - 7: Had a poor first half but much improved showing in the second. Really good to have a physical presence in the middle and very unlucky not to score with a superb header at the death.

Lopez - 8: Looks to be growing in stature after an unspectacular start to his Albion career. Good on the ball, efficient in possession and a fantastic volley to put us ahead.

Orlandi - 7: Some nice touches. Sometimes guilty of trying to take on too many players/the same player twice but a very gifted footballer.

Barnes - 8: Thought he played really well today. At his best, he has a good touch, finishes well, holds the ball up and wins the odd header. Hopefully he will become more consistent. Smashing goal.

CMS - 6: Once again it didn't really happen for him. Had a great opportunity to turn and run into a wide open space in the first half but instead elected to miscue a pass to a Birmingham player. Have a lot of time for Craig but if a decent offer comes in, it's probably best for both parties that he moves on.

SUBS

Buckley - 6: Gave away possession on halfway trying to do a poncey turn round one of their players. Typified the team performance in a way: lacking in intensity. Good link-up with Vicente just before crossing for Hammond. Probably should have started.

Vicente - 7: Great to see him back. Fantastic control and jinking run which sadly came to nothing. Only problem was that Birmingham's defenders were afforded more freedom once CMS went off.

Dicker - 6: A good option off the bench. Didn't see a lot but didn't notice him do anything drastically wrong.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuszczak 5. Mistake cost us 2 points, handing otherwise good, distribution good.
Calderon 6.
El-Abd 6.
Greer 6
Bridge 6.
Bridcutt 6.
Hammond 5. Not on his game today.
Orlandi 6.
Spanish Dave 7. Good technique for his goal.
Barnes 7. Good movement, combative, outrageous dive.
CMS 6.

Vicente- What a player, he's just too good for you.
Dicker- Not on very long, did he touch the ball
Buckley- Fast and ineffective

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuszczak 5. Mistake cost us 2 points, handing otherwise good, distribution good.
Calderon 6.
El-Abd 6.
Greer 6
Bridge 6.
Bridcutt 6.
Hammond 5. Not on his game today.
Orlandi 6.
Spanish Dave 7. Good technique for his goal.
Barnes 7. Good movement, combative, outrageous dive.
CMS 6.

Vicente- What a player, he's just too good for you.
Dicker- Not on very long, did he touch the ball
Buckley- Fast and ineffective

Just shows difference of opinions as Radio Sussex and Warren Aspinall, who works for the club, said he was probably MOM.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just shows difference of opinions as Radio Sussex and Warren Aspinall, who works for the club, said he was probably MOM.
That's a worry, I rely on Wozza's insights for most of these matches! Its all opinions.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Kush 3: it was an absolute howler, a couple of bizarre fittings too when a catch would have been safer.
Bridge 7: Great pass for second goal, willing to get forwards often
Calde 6 Solid at the back and keen to get forwards
Greer 6: Went missing for their first goal but some excellent blocking later.
El Abd 5: lack of pace evident, a bit hit and miss at times
Bridcutt 6: Gave the ball away more often than usual, good but not up to his usual excellent standards
Hammond 7: very effective, unlucky not to win the game in injury time
Orlandi 5: Some good touches but drifted out of the game too often
Lopez 7: Super goal, very clever feet at times
Barnes 8: Everywhere today, clinical goal, won a lot in the air, defended manfully.
CMS 4: it's not really working out for him IMO, apart from one run in second half his lack of a first touch and poor aerial ability meant he struggled to impose himself.

Subs

Buckley 6: lots of pace but ran into too many blind alleys and defenders
Dicker 5: brought on to close the game down but very anonymous
Vicente 7: his ten minutes reinforced the view held by many that he is the most skilful player to don an Albion shirt.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
PIG 5: Would have been higher but for his howler in added time
Bridge 7: I thought he had a decent game but was not able to bomb up the wing as often as usual due to the presence of Burke on the right for Brum.
Calde 6: Solid if unspectacular
Greer 7: Fantastic block to deny a certain goal.
El Abd 6: Got turned by their forwards a few times but was fairly solid
Bridcutt 7: Not up there with his performance against Newcastle but still decent. Seemed to be playing a bit higher up the pitch than usual at times
Hammond 7: The best I've seen him since his return. Won a lot in the air, kept things ticking over in midfield
Orlandi 6: Undoubted ability but tried too hard to beat a player at times rather than keep things simple
Lopez 7: Great goal, some good deliveries from free kicks/corners
Barnes 8: My MOM. Worked hard, tackled well, won a lot in the air and took his goal brilliantly. Was great to hear the support for him from the fans
CMS 5: Worked his socks off as usual but just didn't work out for him today.

Subs:

Buckley 5: Struggled to get into the game, would have liked to see him start
Dicker 6: Solid
Vicente 7: Sheer class, great to see him back

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kuszczak - 6 biggest clanger of his career? . Up til then he played really well and made one very good save and one good intervention diving forward. Felt for him
Bridge - 6 - not his best game but the wing under the main stand was icing badly from half time and made turning against the wingers very difficult
El-Abd - 5 combative as ever but at fault in both goals. Let their centre back run across and round him for the first in one of the most obvious corner routines you will ever see and thinkng he wouldnt outjump Zigic he just used his weight and shirt pulling all second half. Maybe it should have been enough but no Blues fan ever remembers Zigic actually jumping so might have been worth a try :lol: Love Adam but this wasnt his best day at the office. Had a half chance to score too
Greer - 5 Could have taken responsibility as AEA for the first goal and they are the two who are dropping deep which is costing us. Paased effectively and cool under pressure though and organises the defence all the time. Both are good championship centre backs and they are a good partnership but either would benefit from uaving a partner with natural aerial strength and a bit more pace. Had we got van Dijk I'm not sure who of the two would have dropped out but we will sign someone and one of them will lose his starting place
Calderon - 7 played well against the overlapping fullback and against two very good wingers late on as Blues pressed to get crosses in
Bridcutt - 8 very solid. I thought the early booking took a bit from his game but he has it all in his locker. Low centre of balance or what!? Like all our midfielders needs to practice getting his head over the ball when shooting from outside the box :lol:
Hammond - 7 looks like a crab and not a very quick one but covers a massive amount of ground annd does more than many notice. Nearly got us a winner too. Very good today and becoming important to the team which must be a worry for Crofty and Dicker
Barnes - 8 on reflection my MoM. Good goal. Played striker well. Played advanced midfield well. Defended well. Good passing, ball control and positional sense. What is not to like ???
David- 7 Great goal. Great energy on the more difficult wing in the first half. Good eye for a pass and strikes the ball well. Intelligent footballer
CMS - 5 one lung bursting run in the second half but a weak cross or he would have been a hero. Kept their defence busy but not at his best
Orlandi - 6 class player with a lovely touch and pass. A couple of times when I thought he would shoot he didnt but a great free kick parried away by Butland

Subs -
Buckley 5 not back up to speed yet I thought but we barely played an intelligent ball to him
Dicker 6 provided some solidity. A couple of good tackles and passes but did little to stop us drifting deep
Vicente 6 not a bad choice to hold the ball up and our bench (and theirs I suspect) clearly thought the game won. Couple of exquisite touches but no chances. If only we could have won a free kick.............

Overall performance 7 we are a very very good side but prone to making the occasional error. That they get punished so regularly this year is, I am convinced, down to our being too happy to play deep against sides chasing the game. Ulloa will hopefully help us to kill more games by taking a greater percentage of the chances we miss when on top. So far this season I think I have only seen us outplayed two, maybe three, times. I have seen us be the better side another seventeen or eighteen times. THAT is how close we are and how close the margins are

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Kuszczak - 6
Bridge - 7
Greer - 6.5
El Abd - 7
Calderon - 6.5
Bridcutt - 7.5
Hammond - 7
Orlandi - 6.5
Barnes - 8.5 MOM
Lopez - 7
CMS - 7

Subs:
Buckley - 6
Dicker - 6
Vicente - not enough time, but still looks world class

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average player ratings

Barnes 7.72
Bridcutt 7.61
David Lopez 7.11 (72mins)
Calderon 6.61
Bridge 6.50
Hammond 6.44
Orlandi 6.33 (78mins)
Greer 6.28
El Abd 6.11
Kuszczak 5.78
Mackail-Smith 5.61 (84mins)

Subs
Vicente 6.71 (12mins)
Dicker 5.75 (18mins)
Buckley 5.63 (24mins)

Team Average: 6.44

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Average player ratings

Barnes 7.72
Bridcutt 7.61
David Lopez 7.11 (72mins)
Calderon 6.61
Bridge 6.50
Hammond 6.44
Orlandi 6.33 (78mins)
Greer 6.28
El Abd 6.11
Kuszczak 5.78
Mackail-Smith 5.61 (84mins)

Subs
Vicente 6.71 (12mins)
Dicker 5.75 (18mins)
Buckley 5.63 (24mins)

Team Average: 6.44

Bit harsh on Hammond but otherwise probably as readonable a reflection ss we are likely to get on NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here