Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "car crash in the snow" thread

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Always put done big strips of cardboard in the boot when there's snow. Give you enough traction to get going if you find yourself parked or stopped on a slippery slope.
Amazing Howe crap some people are on these conditions, particularly annoying are those fuckers who gun it when having trouble going up a hill- they just slip backwards while polishing up the ice to make it trickier for the next person.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whew ! and the state of your undercrackers just after you came to a halt ?
It took so long and was so slow, I probably could have got out.
I doubt the driver side wheels even touched the kerb.
There is no way I have ever parked a car, that well.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
why go to work at all if the forecast is as bad as it was today?
work from home or take a day of if you are not "essential" I know everyone thinks they are important but its complete lunacy...its not as if we did not get warned about the snow..

Better to stay alive and have an un damaged car

Wish I had the option of doing this

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Winter tyres make a massive difference to handling on wet/icy/snowy roads. Fitted them for the 1st time this year and am feeling a bit Adkins smug tbh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Always put done big strips of cardboard in the boot when there's snow. Give you enough traction to get going if you find yourself parked or stopped on a slippery slope.
Amazing Howe crap some people are on these conditions, particularly annoying are those fuckers who gun it when having trouble going up a hill- they just slip backwards while polishing up the ice to make it trickier for the next person.

If you can get moving ease off the revs and just go up on the tickover in 1st gear if you can, although slow, if the hill is not too steep it will work.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
problem is, its gonna be so much worse tomorrow when the snow turns to ice :(

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

BA4v7vnCUAAKM2r.jpg:large

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Managed to crash my car today, after leaving work early because of the treacherous road conditions!!

Only 5 minutes after leaving work, travelling at about 10 mph, turned the steering wheel to go left and because of the snow on the road, the car carried on straight ahead, into another car.

Been on hold to my insurers for ages trying to report it so obviously i'm not the only one who has had a crash today.

Any other NSCers similarly unfortunate?

I feel sort of sorry for you, unless of course you are one of the mugs who complains all year round about people like me in our 'chelsea tractors'.

I've had no problem getting anywhere today in my Discovery, in fact only problems i have had is being stuck behind plebs driving at 10mph everywhere!

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Did the note have his details? May just have been writing something like "anyone watching thinks I am leaving my details"

Thought the same thing. Reminds me of an experience in Amsterdam a lot of moons ago...... :blush: ...... and for the record I was not driving......

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just had a call from My Mate .he said he had left his car at home and had a laugh at me having an accident today in the snow ,he left his car on the drive at home. When he got indoors he found a note on the doormat saying sorry I lost control and hit your car he went outside and cleared the snow of his car and his lights are all smashed. He a driving instructor and a Palace Fan:ffsparr:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I feel sort of sorry for you, unless of course you are one of the mugs who complains all year round about people like me in our 'chelsea tractors'.

I've had no problem getting anywhere today in my Discovery, in fact only problems i have had is being stuck behind plebs driving at 10mph everywhere!

Funny, as I watched a guy in a Freelander lose it on a second gear bend and stack it into a set of bollards which had already been partially demolished by a previous driver.

Doesn't really matter what car you drive, does it, if you drive like a twunt? And frankly I'd prefer to see people driving at 10mph and not crashing than speeding along just to ensure you get home quicker in your 4x4.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
why go to work at all if the forecast is as bad as it was today?
work from home or take a day of if you are not "essential" I know everyone thinks they are important but its complete lunacy...its not as if we did not get warned about the snow..

Better to stay alive and have an un damaged car

I don't have the option of working from home because my companies working from home program doesn't work on Macs. Not allowed to take the day off at short notice - company told us to get in to work, no excuses. Then got told, at 11:30, that i could take the afternoon as holiday because of the weather :facepalm:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

I have no problem with people in 4x4s unless they drive like idiots. I was one of the plebs driving at 10mph when my car lost all traction and skidded into another car. Suppose it wouldn't have happened if i had been going faster?!?!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Doesn't look like they even tried to stop. Didn't see the bollards ?

Well the road goes round to the right, the bollards are on the bend to protect the car park next to it, but I guess she ended up going in a straight line. As did the Freelander after her, and the other car which went into the back of him
:facepalm:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here