Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance of Arsenal plastics

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have to admit that a season ticket at Arsenal would be my choice even if West Ham do get the Olympic stadium, the Gooners have not won a competition for some time but to witness their silky style on a regular basis must be fantastic, i hope they dont thrash us as it could affect our league form.,but to have them at our stadium is the tops!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Arrogance of Arsenal plastics at work today, trying to tell me that this is our biggest game at the Amex, even after I pointed out that there will probably never be a bigger game at the Amex than Doncaster.

I can't imagine too many Arsenal plastics know what 'Doncaster' is. Did they think you were referring to some sugary Mafia boss?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
And you would be wrong.
Matter of opinion. I think you are wrong

Since the Premiership was formed Liverpool haven't won the title where as Arsenal have 3 times. Liverpool have finished runners up twice where Arsenal have five times.

If you are going to drag up history from decades ago then you might as well add Forest.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Since the Premiership was formed Liverpool haven't won the title where as Arsenal have 3 times. Liverpool have finished runners up twice where Arsenal have five times.

If you are going to drag up history from decades ago then you might as well add Forest.

Liverpool racked up a huge worldwide fanbase in the 1970s and 1980s on the back of their domestic dominance and European success. While Arsenal haven't quite had the same level of dominance, they've been the best or second best team for about a decade in more recent times, as interest in the English top league has grown in this country and worldwide. And of course, before the 1960s, Arsenal had a stature internationally as the most famous English club of all.

Very tough call.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Arrogance of Arsenal plastics at work today, trying to tell me that this is our biggest game at the Amex, even after I pointed out that there will probably never be a bigger game at the Amex than the Doncaster.

I would also say games against Palace at home will be bigger than this one.

and I would even go as far to say Liverpool are a bigger team.

I'm glad we have got Arsenal, but this view from fans who watch games on TV really bugs me.

sorry rant over, just needed to get it out.

I agree with the arsenal plastics this is the biggest game we have had at the amex.

Lopster

Nov 26, 2008
Arsenal are the most consistent of the big clubs over the last 100 years - always top flight, rarely outside of top 4 in the last 20 years

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I have taken plenty of stick too from Arsenal plastics,none of whom have ever seen them play live,so far up their own backsides it beggars belief,they just blindly believe all the London biased media love-in about the team.I would love it if we beat them Saturday but it is a 100% guarantee that if we do win it will only be because Arsenal were not at their best,not motivated,played a weakened team blah blah blah all the usual bollocks trotted out and not one single word that perhaps it was because Brighton played well.Wankers.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I have taken plenty of stick too from Arsenal plastics,none of whom have ever seen them play live,so far up their own backsides it beggars belief,they just blindly believe all the London biased media love-in about the team.I would love it if we beat them Saturday but it is a 100% guarantee that if we do win it will only be because Arsenal were not at their best,not motivated,played a weakened team blah blah blah all the usual bollocks trotted out and not one single word that perhaps it was because Brighton played well.Wankers.

I think i'm a reasonable and easy sort of going bloke who doesn't resort to name calling or insulting easily, BUT, i've never come across a bunch of deluded, self centred, igostical. vindictive bunch of tossers in all my life!

From their very dubious beginings, bribery scandals, poaching other managers through their massive (at the time) cash injections, their plundering of French and African teams (whilst seriously underpaying) and their tapping up of English kids at Southampton, their disgusting abuse of ex players on and off the pitch to the stupidity of accepting the bullshit that their chairman and manager feed them every year, their hypocrisy in bitching about Man City inflating the transfer market but happily taking their money and finally to their acceptance of never dreaming to win anything.

I'm sure there are some decent Gooners, It's just i've yet to meet one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Based on the sky based hype that football began in 1992; everything before is ancient history, and everything since counts. You've fallen for that trap, or are a closet gooner.

What about making the cut off 2005?
Since then Arsenal have won NOWT, whilst others have collected silverware including being Euro champions.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Based on the sky based hype that football began in 1992; everything before is ancient history, and everything since counts. You've fallen for that trap, or are a closet gooner.

What about making the cut off 2005?
Since then Arsenal have won NOWT, whilst others have collected silverware including being Euro champions.

I think everyone has their cut off point as to how long ago is relevant. The start of the Premier League is a handy staring point but in all honesty, Liverpool are not as big as they were. Arsenal, despite their lack of trophies have been consistently Top 4 since about 1997.

Right now, Arsenal are a bigger club. 20 Years ago, Liverpool were. It'll probably all change though again.

I think I'm looking forward to this more than the Liverpool match last season but way, way, way, way, way less than Donny.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Arrogance of Arsenal plastics at work today, trying to tell me that this is our biggest game at the Amex, even after I pointed out that there will probably never be a bigger game at the Amex than the Doncaster.

I would also say games against Palace at home will be bigger than this one.

and I would even go as far to say Liverpool are a bigger team.

I'm glad we have got Arsenal, but this view from fans who watch games on TV really bugs me.

sorry rant over, just needed to get it out.

sounds like they're pretty good at winding you up

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Now, yes. Historically, no.

What does that even mean?! what does being a big club mean? Liverpool fans are obsessed with being a big club. It's just nonsense. You either win stuff or you don't. People can't keep claiming Liverpool ar historically a big club. That is just drivel

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have three Arsenal Fans in my office and to be fair they have in the past been to games and have owned "shared" season tickets at The Emirites. They are also keep an eye on Brighton and have been on occasions. I think they view the Amex game as a possible banana skin and are not at all confident Arsenal will win, although they agree they should.
They are no different from other fans, they want to do better, buy in players but not put the club in debt, Wenger has to "go" one week and is a God the next. I think they all agree that if we play well we could cause an upset but if Walcott and co play and perform to their ability we could get a tonking. They are a pretty fair lot in our office but then we are not regular opponents (YET) and they reserve their venom for the Spurs, Chelsea and Man U fans.
As long as Arsenal fail to score early i think it will be a competative game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here