[Official Site] Kuszczak: Time to Produce

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
tomasz-l229-589521_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
12:08 12th January 2013
by Adam Tighe
Tomasz Kuszczak eyes victory over Derby to continue Albion's great start to 2013...
Albion keeper Tomasz Kuszczak says there is no more time for excuses this season and has urged the squad to continue the form they have found since the turn of the New Year.
The Polish international told seagulls.co.uk, “It has been very important that we started the New Year sharply; we have kept clean sheets and we have been scoring goals. We have to keep going and everyone expects that so I hope we maintain it.
“There is no time to be patient anymore, we are in the middle of the season so we have to produce. We know each other, we have a team that is tightly knit and we have to produce if we want to go forward.”
Derby County are the first league visitors to the Amex in 2013 and Kuszczak is hoping that the Seagulls can achieve the three points he believes they deserved at Pride Park earlier in the season.
“It’s a big game for us and it is games like this we have to win if we are going to push for promotion. We had a good game at their place which we should have won because we had a few chances and we played well as a team, but we drew the game.
“It was one of those games we look back at and think we should have had the three points so hopefully we will do that at home.”
Meanwhile, the former Manchester United man admitted he was delighted to be getting a consistent run of games after he was restricted to just 13 league appearances for the Reds during his last three seasons at Old Trafford.
“It is nice to be playing regularly as that is what I missed in the past couple years but it has been hard work too. There has been many games with not many breaks so it has been tough physically but I am loving it.
“We have three goalkeepers in the squad so I expect rotation but I just hope not too much because I want to keep my position and continue to help the team, but if I am on the bench then I will continue to support the team.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here