Blackburn to nick Appleton??

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A young and inexperienced manager. Just what Blackburn fans want. :dunce:

Seriously, what a shambles of a club.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Well he does have form of managing a basket case club so makes sense in that regard.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think my favourite thing in the world would be, after blithering about for 2/3 months, they re-sign Steve Kean.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Is he even on a decent contract at Blackpool? Wasn't that Holloway's gripe - that he was only on a rolling 1 year deal? If so it won't cost Blackburn much either.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How odd, sacking two underperforming managers (Kean and Berg) and potentially replacing him with another underperforming manager (Appleton).

Thank God for Bloom and Gus!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Joke of a club, can see them failing this year and then the chicken farmers getting bored and walking away.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Joke of a club, can see them failing this year and then the chicken farmers getting bored and walking away.

What does it say about Blackpool though. Having lost Holloway somewhat carelessly, it seems that there is something not right behind the scenes here as well

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
What does it say about Blackpool though. Having lost Holloway somewhat carelessly, it seems that there is something not right behind the scenes here as well

Karl Oyeston seems pretty happy to not progress them as a club which is a bit bizarre seeing as they improved their ground with the prem television money, now seemingly they seem to be a club without any continuity.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
To be honest, who in their right mind would want that job?

The club is a complete car crash right now

Sadly I'd imagine quite a few people would want it. There's not many managerial jobs but lots of out of work managers and it's a job with a decent squad in the second tier. They'll probably convince themselves that the owners aren't that bad, or at worst it's a bit of a payday.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be honest, who in their right mind would want that job?

The club is a complete car crash right now

You didn't see Phil Brown desperately touting himself for the job on Goals on Sunday then? :lolol: This is a man who was desperately linking himself to Hartlepool, and was overlooked. If he gets the Blackburn job it'll be one of the funniest appointments since Blackburn appointed Steve Kean. And then stuck by him!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How Blackburn must RUE the day when they got rid of Allardyce. One thing is certain Allardyce WILL keep you in the Prem. It wont be pretty but its GUARANTEED.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Karl Oyeston seems pretty happy to not progress them as a club which is a bit bizarre seeing as they improved their ground with the prem television money, now seemingly they seem to be a club without any continuity.

I'm not so sure it is that bizarre - they probably make money with things as they are and without spending a crazy amount. Spending more gives them a chance of going up and once again enjoying the Premier League riches (and the further increased spending that will then be necessary), but it's by no means guaranteed.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Blackburn are stating a strong case for "Joke Club of the Season", they're in the mix with Pompey (last season's winners), Chelsea, Liverpool, Wolves and I'm sure there are a few others that could be in the running come May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here