Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it morally wrong to give a street drinker a load of booze?

Yes or no

• Yes: Would you twice about giving it to a middle-class home boozer who sinks a bottle of red a day

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • No: Don't give the homeless anything; how will it help them? They'll just waste it on, er, booze.

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As you might know I am having a big house clear out. Programmes and shirts have gone, half my wardrobe is in the charity shop and my next purge is the drinks shelf. I like things to go to a good home where they will be used lovingly so I wonder if the stomach of the local street drinker is a good home for 6 bottles of spirits getting dusty in my kitchen? I prefer to not be judgemental about his situation and he seemingly likes his drink so this seems suitable for both parties.

What do you think?

Poll to follow.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
As you might know I am having a big house clear out. Programmes and shirts have gone, half my wardrobe is in the charity shop and my next purge is the drinks shelf. I like things to go to a good home where they will be used lovingly so I wonder if the stomach of the local street drinker is a good home for 6 bottles of spirits getting dusty in my kitchen? I prefer to not be judgemental about his situation and he seemingly likes his drink so this seems suitable for both parties.

What do you think?

Poll to follow.
I'd go for it HT, he's going to have a drink anyway.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

What do you think?

Poll to follow.
Badly worded poll considering the thread title, only really gives you the option against giving the drinks to the streetdrinker.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Badly worded poll considering the thread title, only really gives you the option against giving the drinks to the streetdrinker.

Hmmmmmm. I got caught out by the 100 characters limit and have edited it badly. Oh well.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Take the bottles down to the soup kitchen on Hove lawns and they can distibrute fairly by offering the boys and girls a soup and shot meal deal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes. And the frozen burgers from Asda should be given the fattest fuckers you come across next time you stroll down London Road.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Do them a favour and tip it down the sink!

What do you think?

Poll to follow.

i think the answer yes or no answer is back to front,have you had a drink?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

What do you think?

Poll to follow.

I think yes but not all six bottles at once, you know he will drink them all in one sitting and suffer spontaneous human combustion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No brainier. Give the booze to your local tramp. When he's caned them all and wakes up with a guilty conscience about the stunts he pulled on your Grand Marnier and Bols that he will likely swear off the booze for good and become a productive member of society once more. Probably.

It's an act of Largesse that will keep on giving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here