Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ballon D'Or

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Missed your mention, but glad someone else gets it. Most underrated footballer in years. Brains, talent and fight.

Easily the best Left back England have now, surely surpassed Ashley Cole. The lad can tackle, shoot, pass, run and gets alot of goals for a left back especially some screamers! If Everyom don't get Champions League this year I reckon he could be off!

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
I thought the premier league was the best league in the world. ???

It is! The Spanish league is a rubbish league dominated by two teams who just happen to have the best players in the world.And that 11 is debateable,no RVP,Kompany,Aguero,and nobody from Chelsea who won the Champions League. There just seems to be a neverending Spain love in around Europe at the mo.No arguments over Messi's award though.However,didnt think he needed to do a turn on a cruise ship before he turned up!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
RVP being left out is harsh, Arsenal were a 1 man team last year, and he got them to 3rd. All those La Liga players failed to get to the Champions League final. But I guess if they're all voted for by fellow professionals, then you'll get the odd result like this (by odd, I mean 10 players from 2 teams).

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
It is! The Spanish league is a rubbish league dominated by two teams who just happen to have the best players in the world.And that 11 is debateable,no RVP,Kompany,Aguero,and nobody from Chelsea who won the Champions League. There just seems to be a neverending Spain love in around Europe at the mo.No arguments over Messi's award though.However,didnt think he needed to do a turn on a cruise ship before he turned up!

No, the Spanish League is a good league dominated by two teams who just happen to have the best players in the world. Although one of that line-up does not, of course, play for either of them. And though it is by definition debatable, just to re-iterate, there were 50,000 professional footballers who voted for that eleven, most of whom don't get to listen to Gary Lineker and Martin Tyler's embarrassing hyping up of the Premier League.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Surely a wind up? The premier league is poor in comparison to the Spanish league. Their players are technically light years ahead of ours. And some of their best are actually Spanish. The Bundesleague is also better than ours imo.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
No, the Spanish League is a good league dominated by two teams who just happen to have the best players in the world. Although one of that line-up does not, of course, play for either of them. And though it is by definition debatable, just to re-iterate, there were 50,000 professional footballers who voted for that eleven, most of whom don't get to listen to Gary Lineker and Martin Tyler's embarrassing hyping up of the Premier League.

Thats a very fair point. So do you think the Spanish league is better than the EPL,taking ALL the sides into consideration,because i don't?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Easily the best Left back England have now, surely surpassed Ashley Cole. The lad can tackle, shoot, pass, run and gets alot of goals for a left back especially some screamers! If Everyom don't get Champions League this year I reckon he could be off!

More importantly he's got a f***ing brain. He makes the right decisions. I've got a lot of time for Ashley Cole. I think he's been consistently world class for England and given the attention he has received he's done it better than his peers (Lampard, Gerrard and Terry) for England. But he's been weak this season. Time for Baines and the youngsters to come through.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
More importantly he's got a f***ing brain. He makes the right decisions. I've got a lot of time for Ashley Cole. I think he's been consistently world class for England and given the attention he has received he's done it better than his peers (Lampard, Gerrard and Terry) for England. But he's been weak this season. Time for Baines and the youngsters to come through.

THIS!

Leighton Baines has to be first choice England left back now! Although he's 28 thought he was alot younger!!

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Thats a very fair point. So do you think the Spanish league is better than the EPL,taking ALL the sides into consideration,because i don't?

Sad as I am, I watch a lot of both leagues and enjoy them both, albeit they are different. However, IMHO, if you paired up the sides in the bottom half of the Premier League against the bottom half of La Liga then the Spanish teams would come out on top overall, being better technically, and (despite a regular myth propagated by chauvinistic English fans) better organised. I have seen no Spanish side this season as bad as Reading or Aston Villa.

Team Of The Year:

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)
Dani Alves (Barcelona)
Gerard Pique (Barcelona)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Marcelo (Real Madrid)
Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)
Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid)
Winifred Zaha (C Palace)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

:eek:

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
Sad as I am, I watch a lot of both leagues and enjoy them both, albeit they are different. However, IMHO, if you paired up the sides in the bottom half of the Premier League against the bottom half of La Liga then the Spanish teams would come out on top overall, being better technically, and (despite a regular myth propagated by chauvinistic English fans) better organised. I have seen no Spanish side this season as bad as Reading or Aston Villa.

I fully respect your opinion. I also follow Spanish football, and i dont think the lower La Liga sides are any better than Championship level in this country.Just my opinion.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Surely a wind up? The premier league is poor in comparison to the Spanish league. Their players are technically light years ahead of ours. And some of their best are actually Spanish. The Bundesleague is also better than ours imo.

I don't think the PL is poor at all, and I think it's far more entertaining than La Liga! The Bundisleague (however you spell it) is alot stronger than people claim it is, how many different champions have they had over the last decade, several i think? That makes it really interesting and proves its not just about Bayern Munich!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Baines could play absolutely perfectly every single week, never mis-place a pass, never fail to win a tackle or header, never be at fault for the concession of a goal and score a wondrous free kick in the process, and he'd still never get near these sides because he doesn't play for one of the Champions' League big-boys, the darlings of the media and UEFA alike.

Many of the players in that side, though, it's difficult to argue against. The Premier League is the best-marketed league in the world, not the best league. Only two I can think of that may strongly be questioned are Casillas, on recent form, and Marcelo, given the quality of other players in those positions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here