Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tartan Army forum - Liam Bridcutt

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, i suspect a lot of NSC couldnt name the entire last full England squad - would be a lot more named than the McScottish squad here.

Maybe the Scots should be linked to this thread ?

Hmm, without actually looking it up, I named only two of the Scottish team. If you asked me to name Scottish internationals from World Cups in the 1980s/1990s*, I reckon I could do way better than that. My point is that Scottish football is in the doldrums, and their squad is drawn from players on the fringes of Premier League sides, Championship journeymen, and ones from the MTL.

*Alan Rough, Mo Johnston, Willie Miller, Alan Hansen, Alex McLeish, Frank McAvennie, Steve Archibald, Steve Nicol, Gary Gillespie, Ally McCoist, Colin Hendrie, Jim Leighton, John Hewitt, Graeme Souness, Kenny Dalglish....without even pausing to think.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wee Jimmy Krankie?

Or did s/he get dropped after the wife-swap revelations?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd have a much better chance of naming the Scotland squad from around 1986, courtesy of my Panini sticker-collecting days.

Me too, see my previous post. Andy Goram too, he's another one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I think Scotland have 3 maybe 4 decent players that's it! I think Darran and Steven Fletcher are both good players along with perhaps Steven Naismith, Charlie Adam was decent when he was at Blackpool but he hasn't repeated that form for years!

CMS should get a recall and how Gordon Greer has never got a call up is beyond me!

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Me too, see my previous post. Andy Goram too, he's another one.

Great minds...

I'm pretty sure I once played cricket against Andy Goram. I think he made the Scotland cricket team a few times as well. Which is no small achievement, as I'm sure you can imagine. Ahem.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Finally....we're there :clap:

So- the Scottish 1986 World Cup squad then, anyone? :lolol:

Rough, Leighton, Goram, Souness, McGrain, Dalgleish, McLeish, Miller, Albiston, McAvennie, Sharp, Nicolas, Strachan, Hansen?

What a good team they had, compared to the DROSS they are left with now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great minds...

I'm pretty sure I once played cricket against Andy Goram. I think he made the Scotland cricket team a few times as well. Which is no small achievement, as I'm sure you can imagine. Ahem.

Speaking of Panini albums- check out this link. The guy has scanned his complete Mexico 86 sticker album in, so I just went to have a look at the Scottish team. I didn't do too badly above, missed Paul McStay, Davie Cooper, Gordon Strachan & Roy Aitken, amongst others, but it wasn't a bad squad, as Scotland teams go.

My completed Panini Mexico 86 World Cup Sticker Album | ANDREW SPOONER

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Rough, Leighton, Goram, Souness, McGrain, Dalgleish, McLeish, Miller, Albiston, McAvennie, Sharp, Nicolas, Strachan, Hansen?

Wasn't Hansen controversially omitted from that squad? Or am I thinking of 1990?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't Hansen controversially omitted from that squad? Or am I thinking of 1990?

I think you might be right. He had some kind of sulk on, did he not?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Speaking of Panini albums- check out this link. The guy has scanned his complete Mexico 86 sticker album in, so I just went to have a look at the Scottish team. I didn't do too badly above, missed Paul McStay, Davie Cooper, Gordon Strachan & Roy Aitken, amongst others, but it wasn't a bad squad, as Scotland teams go.

My completed Panini Mexico 86 World Cup Sticker Album | ANDREW SPOONER

That Hungarian keeper is quality

peter-disztl.jpg

He looks like he should be in some sort of horror film.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

And the best shorts, EVER :lolol:

Scotland+86.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here