Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you don't take to football any more?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
As a child in the Goldstone NW terrace, I had a crate,
and a hardboiled egg for halftime
And my dad had a flask of coffee.

All pretty rare now, though I bet there are still a few flasks on the go.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Inflatable animals! :down:

Do see the occaisonal Seagull but I remember the one and only game I saw at the Goldstone (before my memory kicked in :down: ), I got an inflatable sheep!

Jimmy boy 69

Nov 24, 2012
Brighton
Used to take an air horn to north stand goldstone in the 90s I was only bout 14, but it really got the stand goin.. Don't think I'd take one to the Amex tho would prob get life time ban......

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Before i came to Brighton and had my surgery i was raised in Somalia and had a seeing-eye hyena that the authorities in those days allowed me to take with me wherever i was going. For the first few months at the Goldstone as my sight became clearer they'd let me take it in. In my packed lunchbox i'd have a couple of Trio's for me and a chopped, but still bloody wildebeest vertebrae in there for Henrietta to munch on. I'd salivate over the jinking runs of Mark Barham whilst Henrietta would sometimes pring to alert when a child sought its father in the crowd and her innate cunning kicked into action. Her leash, fortunately, was attached to my glove and when i felt her aroused i'd tighten my grip and threaten her with the scorpion sting i had adhered to the front of my big blindboy boot. She ate a lot of stray cats though, which i didn't mind. I emailed Barber this year about the possibility of taking in a similar creature to the Amex, as my sight deteriorates with age, but typically that PC leech said no.

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
:annoyed:My Dad and his mates always used to take a 'lucky orange' for half time refreshments (satsumas were also considered appropriate). The consumption of said fruit did, sometimes, appear to have some effect - the most notworthy being a late eating of the orange whilst 2-0 down at Liverpool in 1991. One orange later and the Mike Small/Johnny Crumplin/John Byrne inspired comeback was ON! Great days. Now a few pints of harveys and a pie seem to have replaced this tradition - much to the chagrin of my waistline :annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here