Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the answer then blatter?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
When you have platini saying if players walk off at the euros they will be booked, and blatter saying, if they tell the referee about it and it careys on THEN something will be done, it's a bit stupid, he keeps threatening points deduction and crap like that, but his own federation can't even do that can they

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If the referee concurs with a player's complaint that the fans are racially abusing them, award him a goal. They'll soon stop.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Can't stand Blatter, as you say he'll do nothing. On the other hand Clarence Seedorf also said that walking off was not the answer, he said walking off is letting the racists win. I need to think a bit more about that before I make up my mind.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest I can kinda understand where he's coming from regarding the (overtly cynical) "We're losing, oh I hear some racist abuse" *walks off* BUT (and its a big but hence the capitals) once again, he criticises the action taken by the player and offers nothing in terms of alternatives!

If it were one of my players, I'd support them walking off, but what if Mikel had led off the players when he accused Clattenburg of racism? Its such a difficult one overall because any level of racism should not be tolerated but there needs to be a unified response in terms of what you should do. To expect a player to report it to the ref and then just suck it up until the end of the match is a bit much to ask in my opinion.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If the referee concurs with a player's complaint that the fans are racially abusing them, award him a goal. They'll soon stop.

Won't the crowd then start racially abusing their own players?

LE19

"In June, Uefa president Michel Platini said that any players who walked off the pitch at Euro 2012 because of racist abuse would be booked."

Player: "You can't book me, I've walked off".
Ref: "Right, second yellow. Come back - I'm sending you off".

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Heaven forfend that Blatter should actually come up with a viable solution to a real issue.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Punish the clubs who fail to control their fans in that way, fines followed by points deductions. They'll soon learn.

This seems like the logical solution, a fine and a suspended points deduction, then if they fail to control the problem the points deduction gets endorsed. That still doesn't solve the problem of what should happen during the game though, it's all very well to say the players should ignore it but the reality is that it's going to affect them.

D

Deleted member 18477

Blatter doesn't give a shit about football. He's quite happy just taking his big pay cheque to do f*** all!

It's taken him years to even trial goal line technology and that's only because he's been pressured into it!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Why do people hate Blatter? Platini I understand, but Blatter always seems intelligent & collected, but also passionate about the game, when I have seen him speak.

Besides, if it wasn't Blatter in charge, it would be that Qatari guy bin Hammam, who would destroy the beautiful game. Champions League finals in Qatar etc.

But it's ok to stage a World Cup there?

I'm sorry, but the mans a total crook, who lines his pockets however he can, he's a good talker....does f*** all in terms of actions

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Seppo:
January 2004
When Blatter wanted to turn the women’s game into a Benny Hill sketch:
“Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball. They could, for example, have tighter shorts. Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men – such as playing with a lighter ball. That decision was taken to create a more female aesthetic, so why not do it in fashion?”
July 2008
When the FIFA Prez stood up for the rights of horribly mistreated and oppressed millionaire footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, comparing his Real Madrid transfer saga plight to the suffering of slaves:
“I think in football there’s too much modern slavery in transferring players or buying players here and there, and putting them somewhere.”
December 2009
When Blatter bluntly insisted that no additional technology would be available to referees while he is sitting in the FIFA hotseat. Sorry cheated Arsenal fans, the Swiss will not entertain the concept of progress and fairness:
“Please do not insist on the technology, the day that the referee takes two captains aside to study monitors and see if something is inside the box or outside is the day the spectators will say no, we are not coming to the game.”
December 2010
When the liberal 75-year-old succinctly tackle the concerns of gay fans worried about traveling to Qatar in 2022, where homosexuality is illegal:
“I would say they should refrain from any sexual activities.”
December 2010
And finally, perhaps his most ridiculous comment of all time:
“There is no systematic corruption in FIFA. That is nonsense. We are financially clean and clear.”

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
he is such a waste of space, the whole setup in fifa and eufa is a joke, the punishment handed out to individuals and associations is just remarkable considering the crime, i wonder if somewhere in the establishement of the govering bodies is a host of rascists! They need a massive overhaul ASAP and new faces to sort the mess out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why do people hate Blatter? Platini I understand, but Blatter always seems intelligent & collected, but also passionate about the game, when I have seen him speak.

Besides, if it wasn't Blatter in charge, it would be that Qatari guy bin Hammam, who would destroy the beautiful game. Champions League finals in Qatar etc.

I'm no fan of Platini and what seems his anti englishness, but at least he has set in motion an appeal against what he sees as the perceived leniency of Uefa's own disciplinary decision regarding the U21 debacle in Serbia. How you can be a football supporter and come out with claptrap like you have about Blatter is beyond belief. As for Bin Hammam, he is not involved in Fifa!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I think we already know his answer... the abused player should go to the crowd after the game and shake the fan's hand.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The problem is that any solution could be open to cheating. The open and shut cases where half the crowd is involved just don't happen in the UK. They may be elsewhere but that's another matter for Fifa/Uefa - perhaps they should suspend the entire league. Here it's likely to be a complete one-off or two-off.

Take the 'walk-off' - would the match be restarted or abandoned and held again later? Would there be a safeguard that the abused person's team wouldn't suffer as a result?

Next, who would decide if a player was racially abused? Would the word of one player be enough or would the ref need to hear it too?

As for the fine and points deduction option, would the game continue - even though one or more opposition players would continue to be abused? What if that team were so upset that they couldn't focus on their game and lost heavily - would they be able to claim the points?

What if one player 'heard' abuse that was never there? What if he really was the only one that heard it (it can get very noisy and if he just happened to be close to the abuser it could happen). What if his team were losing heavily at the time? What if the abuser was a rogue fan in the wrong end who decided to abuse his team because they were losing heavily?

Would there need to be an arrest made (and a conviction) before any of the above could happen?

If anyone thinks there is an easy solution then just forget it - if there was it would be in place now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here