Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi on talksport

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Point proven, then.

Edit - Married with 2 kids. You see, those gay rumours get taken as fact by someone who doesn't really care that much!

On this note, I saw that Fowler incident again recently. Do remember it at the time but it's pretty horrific. If that was done today, only 14 yrs later, i could imagine the FA (hopefully) throwing the book at him...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How is Vicentes English coming along?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That's a bit unfair. English players living and playing abroad for more than a season or 2 would pick up the lingo just as well as those coming over here. The reason that foreign players sound more intelligent is that the accent gives sense of sophistication. I'm sure English players and managers - Tel Venables for example - come across as much more intelligent than we give them credit for when they speak spanish.

I don't think Gazza or Ian Rush learned Italian did they? Gazza may have learned - Posso avere una pinta di Newcastle Brown per favore?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I don't think Gazza or Ian Rush learned Italian did they. Gazza may have learned Posso avere otto pinte di Newcastle Brown per favore?

Fixed :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't think Gazza or Ian Rush learned Italian did they? Gazza may have learned - Posso avere una pinta di Newcastle Brown per favore?

Probably not Gazza, although I imagine even Rush learnt a bit of Italian in his one season at Juve. Plenty of other English players and managers such as Lineker, Platt and Bobby Robson learned Spanish or Italian well enough to conduct a decent interview, and Michael Robinson went on to work for Spanish TV after having spent the last 3 years of his career in Spain.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Having a high IQ or academic qualifications hasn't exactly caused ridicule to Iain Dowie, Steve Coppell or Frank Lampard, to name but a few. I would imagine you'd get ribbed for a haircut or for wearing jewelry or any number of things in the dressing room or team coach but it doesn't stop many footballers from looking like pimps.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Orlandi doesn't just speak a couple of languages. He's studying for a law degree, in his spare time.

He's got his head in a text book on the coach to away games, while all the others are playing FIFA and messing about on twitter.

If i had a daughter, obviously in her early 20s and not completely ugga-dug, then i would send her in to capture Orlandi as a future husband. I'd train her properly to be subtle, to chance upon him and have so much in common, before revealing her body to him and pouncing. Then, of course, about a year into their marriage i would totally try and get in there myself. Phwoar.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Orlandi :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here