Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fan on the board

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Would this help Brighton and hove Albion football club?

Having a supporter elected as a board member so the supporters have some input or a voice in future decision the club make, or as a go between the club and the supports.

Sorry if this is already in place.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Good idea.

Credentials required.

1) Must have been to see the Albion at Withdean and Gillingham years

2) Went to the Newcastle fixture and didn't moan about prices.

3) No second team

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How would one be elected as I don't know every supporter of Brighton and I am sure that I am not alone. There may be better supporters who would represent the supporters far better than the few who are or have been constantly in the headlines over the past few years. Also you come back to the 'inner circle' So I think on that basis it is a non runner

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We could have a federation of all our surpporters groups who could meet with the club but should not try and run the club but be a sounding board or suggest new idea's, but at the end of the day the Directors own the club if they don't want feed back that's poor business skills. As an individual I have made suggestions and feed back but this is on a ad hoc basis and may not represent the majority of our fans that's why I think a federation would be the right way to go. I like the suggestion of someone like Dick Knight as president of the federation.punk:

We could have a federation of all our surpporters groups who could meet with the club but should not try and run the club but be a sounding board or suggest new idea's, but at the end of the day the Directors own the club if they don't want feed back that's poor business skills. As an individual I have made suggestions and feed back but this is on a ad hoc basis and may not represent the majority of our fans that's why I think a federation would be the right way to go. I like the suggestion of someone like Dick Knight as president of the federation.punk:

The federation idea was put to the club nearly two years ago and has received a cold shoulder,there are enough internal problems at the club without bringing bleating fans to the table but then again what about the top ten posters on nsc meeting with the board early august every year:mad:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The federation idea was put to the club nearly two years ago and has received a cold shoulder,there are enough internal problems at the club without bringing bleating fans to the table but then again what about the top ten posters on nsc meeting with the board early august every year:mad:

How does being a 'Top Ten' poster on NSC qualify anyone to represent all BHA fans?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I dont want to do it, dont have the time what with my stamp collecting club duties.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think there are already 4 or 5 fans on the board. Don't mistake the Albion for a club like Leicester, Portsmouth, Southampton, Derby, Forest, Liverpool, Man City, etc, who have been bought by speculative sugar daddies who fancy owning a football club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dick Knight promised this before he came into power. Funnily enough it never happened.

Frankly what's the board anyway? Tony Bloom owns the club and has all the power, what's the point of some bobble hat sitting at board meetings moaning about the cost of pies. All that will happen is they will make the big decisions when they are not there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dick Knight promised this before he came into power. Funnily enough it never happened.

Frankly what's the board anyway? Tony Bloom owns the club and has all the power, what's the point of some bobble hat sitting at board meetings moaning about the cost of pies. All that will happen is they will make the big decisions when they are not there.

There are plenty of Albion fans on the board though - Chapman, Bloom, Franks and Sugarman, for starters.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I can assure you that the channels of communication created over the last 16 or so years are still firmly in place - that's how we got the real ale and Dick's Bar :)
As for the future, I don't see a problem. Paul Barber is personable and committed to dealing with issues raised both on here and by individuals to him directly. The people running the club definitely have its best interests at heart - they may not get everything right all the time (who does?) but they do. Long may that be so. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't stand up for things that matter to us if we feel they are not being addressed. I don't think we need a formal structure to do that.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think there are already 4 or 5 fans on the board. Don't mistake the Albion for a club like Leicester, Portsmouth, Southampton, Derby, Forest, Liverpool, Man City, etc, who have been bought by speculative sugar daddies who fancy owning a football club.
Exactly. We already HAVE Albion fans on our board so this objective has already been achieved. I cannot see any merit whatsoever in having some sort of officially-elected bobblehat sitting in the boardroom wasting everybody's time - including their own. It WILL be a waste of time because the real directors will twiddle their thumbs and listen patiently whilst Mrs Bobblehat witters on about the cleanliness of the Park and Ride buses before they get on with discussing the real business of running the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here