Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt good enough for Real Madrid says Poyet.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gus Poyet says Brighton star Liam Bridcutt could play for Real Madrid after Newcastle display | Metro News

I happen to agree with Gus but about this but I do wish he would stop drawing everyone's attention to Bridders. The fact that he had such good exposure on TV on Saturday was bad enough, without peddling his ability to every tin pot rag around. We want to keep him until 2015 at least - not sell him.

So if there are any other clubs out there interested in Bridcutt, I have a message for you - DO ONE.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Out of interest what is the biggest fee we have been paid for a player ?

I am guessing it is Zamora ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Out of interest what is the biggest fee we have been paid for a player ?

I am guessing it is Zamora ?

It's 1.5 million isn't it? Zamora, Virgo and Bennett all went for that from what I remember.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus Poyet says Brighton star Liam Bridcutt could play for Real Madrid after Newcastle display | Metro News

I happen to agree with Gus but about this but I do wish he would stop drawing everyone's attention to Bridders. The fact that he had such good exposure on TV on Saturday was bad enough, without peddling his ability to every tin pot rag around. We want to keep him until 2015 at least - not sell him.

So if there are any other clubs out there interested in Bridcutt, I have a message for you - DO ONE.
Alternatively what he's saying is:-

'Norwich, fook off you need some bloody big pockets before you even think about knocking on our door'.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Palace would appear to have a very good scouting system in place (plus a massively overpopulated catchment area), but they turned him down.

They missed a trick there - thank goodness.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Alternatively what he's saying is:-

'Norwich, fook off you need some bloody big pockets before you even think about knocking on our door'.

You're right - Gus' message could be interpreted that way. I know that it is said that every player has his price but I do believe Bridcutt is priceless to us in terms of how he makes us tick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think live terrestrial TV and newspaper interviews might get fans on internet message boards talking, but I can't believe anyone on here thinks that top-level football clubs do their scouting on the back of such things.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
at the end of the day he'll probably be sold for £2.5 mil

That would be highway robbery - and the club would be bloody stupid to sell him for that.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
That would be highway robbery - and the club would be bloody stupid to sell him for that.

Completely agree!! :bowdown:

If a goalscorer like Rhodes is worth £8 Mill., then a midfield general like Bridders has to be worth £6 Mill.+ !!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus is also publicly high pitched exclaiming to LB, Norwich Norwich, stick with me kid.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bridcutt is such as central part of how we play that he shouldn't be sold for less than £7m.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Gus should tell him not to go to Norwich: 'Look what they did to Bennett and Croft's careers.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here