Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Bloom made a massive balls up when building The Amex?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
IMHO The Amex has one major fault they should have installed escalators to WSU which could be reversed for people leaving at the end of the game like at The Bernabua and unlike both St Marys and The Madjeski which both have an enormous design fault.........................the seats are facing the wrong way so you have to watch the football.

actually laughed out loud

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
unlike both St Marys and The Madjeski which both have an enormous design fault.........................the seats are facing the wrong way so you have to watch the football.[/QUOTE]

LOL !!

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
instead of the highest spec possible for everything and spent millions, posh seats, fancy screens etc etc.

Now we're cost cutting everywhere, losing by all accounts a small fortune, and ticket prices are obscene.

Yes, we're grateful for keeping the club afloat - but long term, would we have been better of building a stadium like Millwall, or dare I say it, an identikit 'souless bowl' like Saints and co, a ground on a budget that may have be much cheaper to run?

Has Bloom actually cocked up here? For all the talk of him being a shrewd businessman (backed up by his wealth), he does seem to have dropped a bollock.

Just thought I'd leave you on that happy note after a brilliant weekend for The Albion. :drink:

I think his only mistake was not getting you in on the project clearly an over sight on Mr Blooms behalf with your great knowlege of all things football

Thanks for making me laugh

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
IMHO The Amex has one major fault they should have installed escalators to WSU which could be reversed for people leaving at the end of the game like at The Bernabua and unlike both St Marys and The Madjeski which both have an enormous design fault.........................the seats are facing the wrong way so you have to watch the football.

So funny PMSL.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I haven't read all the replies to your original post, but I have come to the conclusion that you are a total cretin/palace fan/delusion filled fool/naive man/idiot/person lacking in any understanding of modern British football or business (delete as many or as few as you wish.)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So, trying to be sensible, other than Gully Girls and the generic pie boxes replacing the bhafc ones, what other cost cutting measures have you seen ???

Who has said we are losing money, officially ???

£28 for a ticket for a FA cup match v a Premier league team and the same for another IMO isn't obscene, if we get Arsenal I'm sure they will snap up the cheapest away tickets they have had all season long, and a pittance compared to their home ones. £35.41 a month is pretty good for league games as well, what that about £18 a game.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I haven't read all the replies to your original post, but I have come to the conclusion that you are a total cretin/palace fan/delusion filled fool/naive man/idiot/person lacking in any understanding of modern British football or business (delete as many or as few as you wish.)

Next time I recommend reading the replies. It was a joke (clearly) and would have saved you from 'feeding the fisherman'.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Or old fellas like you could get a ST in the WSL and then you would have no access problems!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Next time I recommend reading the replies. It was a joke (clearly) and would have saved you from 'feeding the fisherman'.

Not really. I've been on this forum long enough to know that the bloke is a prize twat, I've just never actually told him in a reply. Ah well, I have now. Must find that ignore button I guess (although to be honest, I never want to use that button.)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no, because most of the statements in the proposition are wrong. sad, sad poster.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not really. I've been on this forum long enough to know that the bloke is a prize twat, I've just never actually told him in a reply. Ah well, I have now. Must find that ignore button I guess (although to be honest, I never want to use that button.)

Fair play. I agree with you, just thought this message was reasonably funny in its ridiculousness.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If you're an Albion fan and read his threads enough to realise that the sole purpose of all of them are to bring the Albion & its fans down, you'd fail to see the funny side too

This one was a joke. You've been just as negative in recent days.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Ice burn from BG, love it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here