Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Bloom made a massive balls up when building The Amex?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
instead of the highest spec possible for everything and spent millions, posh seats, fancy screens etc etc.

Now we're cost cutting everywhere, losing by all accounts a small fortune, and ticket prices are obscene.

Yes, we're grateful for keeping the club afloat - but long term, would we have been better of building a stadium like Millwall, or dare I say it, an identikit 'souless bowl' like Saints and co, a ground on a budget that may have be much cheaper to run?

Has Bloom actually cocked up here? For all the talk of him being a shrewd businessman (backed up by his wealth), he does seem to have dropped a bollock.

Just thought I'd leave you on that happy note after a brilliant weekend for The Albion. :drink:

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cost cutting everywhere?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
2/10 for fishing.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
so poor old HB&B gets a ban, yet this 'fan' can still post drivel?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Poor catch.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Impossible to answer.

I would suggest that building a Millwall would just stagnate us or ensure that mediocrity would continue for the life expectancy of the ground. Our stadium provides the finest facilities in Sussex for banquets, conferences, events and so on. The earning power of a 365 stadium (other than 23/26 matches a season) should not be underestimated.

Do you think Liebherr and Cortese would have built St Mary's if they had taken over when at the Dell?

Edit: For future reference, [MENTION=30]Withdean Wanderer[/MENTION] , can you tell me if you post things you believe or simply enjoy fishing and the attributed abuse. Just so I know whether to try and reason with you in future. Thanks.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
We're banning people for telling us they were at a press conference and we allow this tedious drivel to remain??

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The only balls up is allowing the South Stand to be better than the North when finished........

A serious design Flaw-i say rip out Dicks Bar the police box and offices and make it Double decker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here