Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt is massive to our club, a £15million player perhaps?

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
Now it is not often I come on here but I feel like I need to sing Bridcutts praises. I do get frustrated when users come on here with BHA tinted glassed, however it is plain to see little Liam Bridcutt is pure class, most certainly Premier League class. For me, he stands out in nearly every match as a contender for MOM. As a central midfielder IMHO he has it all. What strikes me, even now, is his ability in the air. I've seen him out jump players almost a foot taller than him. I know he is not proven at Premiership level but who would you rather in your team Joe Allen or Liam Bridcutt?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope he doesn't go but I expect 3 million would be enough

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
£5 million is closer i would not sell him for that price though.he is priceless

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I reckon we'll sell to a mediocre Premiership side for around £4m, then if he keeps performing, around £10m to a top side, unfortunately can't see him with us, after this season.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I guess it really depends on how long he has left on his contract? Anyone?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
When valuing players remember we are Championship not La Liga neither are we league 1 withdean

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
He can hold the entire midfield together and is one of our main playmakers. If we lost him at all it would be a shame, for any less than about £5 million would be terrible. Does his contract expire soon, or can we still keep hold of him for a while longer?

Edit: just read the post above. My bad.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Now it is not often I come on here but I feel like I need to sing Bridcutts praises. I do get frustrated when users come on here with BHA tinted glassed, however it is plain to see little Liam Bridcutt is pure class, most certainly Premier League class. For me, he stands out in nearly every match as a contender for MOM. As a central midfielder IMHO he has it all. What strikes me, even now, is his ability in the air. I've seen him out jump players almost a foot taller than him. I know he is not proven at Premiership level but who would you rather in your team Joe Allen or Liam Bridcutt?

Totally different, apart from short height.

Bridcutt and Lucas Leiva perform the busy role protecting the defence, sniffing out danger, and simple passing to the creative players.

Allen is adaptable, but is a supreme short and long passer, with vision.

All 3 are great players.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
2 more seasons

Ok I would be disappointed at less than 5 million then, I thought it was a year. If we can get up this season I think he'll sign a contract extension with us. He totally comprehends the Gus way which I hope will sway him to stay unless we get a silly offer.

Either way I expect him to be playing in the Prem next season.

If a Prem Club is seriously prepared to pay in the region of £12m for Zahaha (whose form is flakey at best in the Championship) then Bridcutt must be worth this plus as his last mistake I can recall was against West Ham last season. Each game he comes in at least 7/10.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Often people on here have an inflated sense of worth for our players... but in Bridcutt's case he is absolutely a £5m+ player
Regularly lauded by pundits, recognised as the engine in our midfield, and clearly a class act with Premier League feeling like a natural stage.
If we were to sell him for anything less we would be selling ourselves massively short.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To think PALACE did not want him ........

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
To think PALACE did not want him ........

We couldn't offer him a season in League One to get up to the speed of football outside the Premiership reserve games. As you were in the third tier at the time, you could. We signed Jedinak after we decided not to sign Bridcutt, so we're extremely happy with how that turned out and I think we made the right choice.

If a Prem Club is seriously prepared to pay in the region of £12m for Zahaha (whose form is flakey at best in the Championship) then Bridcutt must be worth this plus as his last mistake I can recall was against West Ham last season. Each game he comes in at least 7/10.

Strange that Arsenal, United, City etc. are all interested in Zaha if his form is so flakey. I notice that they're not interested in Bridcutt (at least not publicly) which is why you're looking at an optimistic £5m instead of Zaha's £15m.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I would be disappointed with anything less than £7m given today's inflated transfer fees. Yet Jordan Rhodes is a prolific striker and went for £8m, so I guess we would get about £5m tops. I just hope we can hang on to him unless on of the top 8 prem teams come in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here