Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luka Modric voted worst La Liga signing!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
After all the fuss he made to get away from Tottenham this really has turned out to be a case of "Be careful what you wish for"

The Croatian, a £30 million signing from Tottenham in the summer, has failed to impose himself in Spain and Marca readers this week voted him the worst Liga signing of the season.
Modric has received much blame for Real Madrid's floundering first half of the season and has only started eight Liga matches.
He told Croatian newspaper Sportske: "This is Real Madrid. I understand there is great pressure for new signings to succeed here.
"I'm not making excuses, I am not that kind of person, but it is very challenging to adapt to life at a big club like Madrid."
United and Chelsea both tried to sign the 27-year-old from Tottenham in the summer, but Spurs' reluctance to sell their star man to Premier League rivals ensured he went abroad.
Chelsea see Modric as the perfect replacement for Frank Lampard while United's central midfield issues are well-documented. City may see Modric as the man to restore creativity to an attack that has stuttered this season.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I've never understood the fuss about Modric. Whenever I've seen him play he's been OK, but that's about it. Of course the fact that so many top clubs are/were after him proves he must have something, but I just have never really seen it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought Real were playing shit because Mourinho wants to be fired and get a pay-off the club won't sign off at present. Hence him arguing with the likes of Casillas and Sergio Ramos, the supposed heart of the club.
Modric was rubbish and cheap in fantasy football, with around 2 goals and 5 assists a season. Ach, it must be difficult to find your place if you're the quiet one in a world full of madly polished egos.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've never understood the fuss about Modric. Whenever I've seen him play he's been OK, but that's about it. Of course the fact that so many top clubs are/were after him proves he must have something, but I just have never really seen it.

Fantastic short passing game and possession for Spurs especially against the might of Wigan and co, but either Sky or Opta at the time pointed out that for a so called creative player, his lack of goals was shocking.

I recall he didn't play well against talented midfields like Man U or Man C.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Modric always had a lack of goals and a weak shot. Daniel Levy is a crafty sod getting £60 mill for Berbatov and Modric. He's then f***ed Sir Alex over again with the Zeki Fryers deal which is a right hoot. Only problem is he's so tight he leaves it too late in the window. Expect the final dealing in the last hour to involve Spurs.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
After all the fuss he made to get away from Tottenham this really has turned out to be a case of "Be careful what you wish for"

The Croatian, a £30 million signing from Tottenham in the summer, has failed to impose himself in Spain and Marca readers this week voted him the worst Liga signing of the season.
Modric has received much blame for Real Madrid's floundering first half of the season and has only started eight Liga matches.
He told Croatian newspaper Sportske: "This is Real Madrid. I understand there is great pressure for new signings to succeed here.
"I'm not making excuses, I am not that kind of person, but it is very challenging to adapt to life at a big club like Madrid."
United and Chelsea both tried to sign the 27-year-old from Tottenham in the summer, but Spurs' reluctance to sell their star man to Premier League rivals ensured he went abroad.
Chelsea see Modric as the perfect replacement for Frank Lampard while United's central midfield issues are well-documented. City may see Modric as the man to restore creativity to an attack that has stuttered this season.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't sign him?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Modric is getting the blame for their sluggish first half of the season? How much negative impact vould he have had given he's only started 8 games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here