Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keegan on ESPN

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Whinged when dropped as a player by England, walked away from various jobs when the going got tough, but still gets a payout as a pundit on occassion.

Hmmmmm :wanker:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Whinged when dropped as a player by England, walked away from various jobs when the going got tough, but still gets a payout as a pundit on occassion.

Hmmmmm :wanker:

He was passionate about playing for England. Bobby Robson, for all his strengths, and new to the job, didn't handle the situation well.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And was man enough to hold his hands up and admit he wasn't up to the England Managers job after all. I think that takes courage.

I like him personally.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Walked on Newcastle, Man City, maybe Liverpool as well, I can't remember?

When dropped by Robson he complained that he didn't get a telephone call! Should Robson have phoned every pro to tell them that they had not been picked?

A bit of a Stevie G character in some ways, his beating over near Newhaven smelt of underworld connections.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You maybe correct, my memory needs to be 'googled'.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Walked on Newcastle, Man City, maybe Liverpool as well, I can't remember?

When dropped by Robson he complained that he didn't get a telephone call! Should Robson have phoned every pro to tell them that they had not been picked?

A bit of a Stevie G character in some ways, his beating over near Newhaven smelt of underworld connections.

Shafted by Newcastle, second time around. Sacked by City....... Admitted he just wasn't good enough for England, which was very brave.

Fantastic player for England, I seem to recall other senior players being called by subsequent managers including Beckham and Rio in recent times.

Loved the team he put together for Newcastle...... Sorry but I don't agree with you at all.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If Poyet was to leave and manage Newcastle, I would love it if we got Keegan!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Poyet was to leave and manage Newcastle, I would love it if we got Keegan!

I would love it if the team in your avatar got him. Not us, thanks. the game has moved on.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here