Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Keown

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I agree, just been listening to 5live's autopsy on the game and it was all about Newcastle and if they rested players or didn't have quality available. Do they need to splash out to replace Ba and can Cisse play wide or as a target man blah blah blah. As such I think they forgot we dominated the game and won 2-0.

63%-37% possession tells the story of our domination. Sadly, we are in the era of the PL and all teams outside are not worthy. f*** 'em. We know what's building at our club-if they choose to ignore it, so be it. I'm quite happy for us to slip under everybody's radar-for now.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
But he's wronge it was their c team
A refund is in order to their supporters they must have felt cheated by their own side

Do f*** off-C team my arse.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
He seemed to be on loan for ages (mid '80's I recall) and played in a variety of positions, I am sure once as centre forward. Did he have two loan spells or was it spread over two seasons?

According to Wiki he played 23 times for us in 1985 scoring 1 goal but also states "He made his professional debut on loan at Brighton & Hove Albion in 1984." The stats in Wiki are for "domestic league appearances" only, so I don't know about cup matches.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A defender who made me cringe if I saw the ball heading towards him...still, he is honest about Brighton ...

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
But he's wronge it was their c team
A refund is in order to their supporters they must have felt cheated by their own side

Surely a MASSIVE Premier League side like Newcastle should have players better than Shola Ameobi, Sammy Ameobi and Nile Ranger as back-up? I wouldn't even want any of them in our reserve squad ffs.

Poor planning from a poor manager that had one fluke of a season last season and has been completely found out this season. Pardew is just a Championship chancer. Wonder how Ashley is feeling now about that hideously long contract that he dished out.

You can only beat what's put in front of you at the end of the day, and beat them we certainly did.

Their fans deserve better though, I agree. I would've been f***ing livid if I'd gone to that time and expense to see my team perform like that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Keown played up front for us alongside Dean Saunders early in his career. Great player and good pundit.

In October 1985, the absence of Mick Ferguson led to Keown playing in the number 9 shirt in the Full Members' Cup at home to WBA. We lost 2-1.

Later that month, Keown also played as number 9, away at Crystal Palace in the same competition. We won 3-1 and Keown scored. Keown was retained in the home league match in the number 9 shirt and scored again. Unfortunately, we lost 3-5.

In his loan spell, Keown also started other matches in the number 2 shirt.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
No trolling just pointing out yes it was a good win but they were a very poor side who Brighton should have created more chances than they did agaist

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here