Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Keown

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Sat here watching the build-up to the Swansea v Arsenal game on ESPN and they have just showed the goals and incidents from our game yesterday. Now I have to take my hat off to Martin Keown for the praise he gave us.

All the other pundits have barely mentioned our contribution and it has all been about how bad Newcastle were. Even those mugs on Sky's Sunday Supplement show were going on how it was a Newcastle 'C' team that we played. But not Keown, he stated how good we were and said something along the lines of "it did not matter who Newcastle put out today such was Brighton's dominance...They were excellent"

Thankyou Martin.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I agree, just been listening to 5live's autopsy on the game and it was all about Newcastle and if they rested players or didn't have quality available. Do they need to splash out to replace Ba and can Cisse play wide or as a target man blah blah blah. As such I think they forgot we dominated the game and won 2-0.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well, he did used to play for us....

keown.jpg

:bowdown:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Well done Mr keown! Most pundits rarely take the job seriously! Just turn up 5 min before kickoff, talk crap and never research the teams. Easy money and jobs for the boys.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The female presenter on ESPN was the first person in the media that I've seen acknowledge that it wasn't our strongest side either. Even without a bit of research you'd imagine that most pundits would question Kuszczak being on the bench.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Whenever i see Keown, a man i quite like, i always think he's bought the David Gest Gargoyle Style Manual and lives by every word of it.

keown_1437541a.jpg

TMM29WHAT_a_225601c.jpg

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
In fact I was rather fearful on seeing the side we put out and all the talent that was left on the bench.

Bruno

Jul 2, 2012
Whenever i see Keown, a man i quite like, i always think he's bought the David Gest Gargoyle Style Manual and lives by every word of it.

keown_1437541a.jpg

TMM29WHAT_a_225601c.jpg

I think he looks like Action Man - the one with moving eyes (sorry don't know how to post pics)

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I seem to remember that we could have signed him for £100,000 when he was on loan but couldn't afford it, it was a long time ago though.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yes,but NEWCASTLE are a (sleeping)giant PREMIER LEAGUE side whilst Brighton are only in the Championship and are only good at what they do if they're allowed to do it.

So obviously the emphasis is going to be on their hard luck rather than our good play.

QED.

I seem to remember that we could have signed him for £100,000 when he was on loan but couldn't afford it, it was a long time ago though.

He seemed to be on loan for ages (mid '80's I recall) and played in a variety of positions, I am sure once as centre forward. Did he have two loan spells or was it spread over two seasons?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just watched my recording of yesterday's game. Great Stuff. Atmosphere seemed even louder on the telly.

Have to doth my cap to another ex-player, Gordon Smith. He was pro Brighton at every opportunity. Top Guy.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Most pundits are annoying idiots, but a few are ok, and I think Martin, and Lee Dixon are among the best. Unfortunately if you have the best, then you must have the worst as well, dont you Garth.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
But he's wronge it was their c team
A refund is in order to their supporters they must have felt cheated by their own side

Let's be honest whenever a Premiership side lose to a lower league side the media is all about the Prem side. Even in the Prem whoever beats Man U gets little credit, the focus is on where man U went wrong.

The media doesnt realise that more people watch non Premiership football each week than those who do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here