Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry mate but your stats are bollocks. He lost possession more than any other player yesterday.
And what do you have to back that up?

I watched the game, and as I said on here a couple of days ago, I watched it noting CMS' performance.

I thought there would be more grey areas but there wasn't, his first half was clean and tidy.
Second half he just didn't receive the ball.
I'm not saying his first touch is legendary, merely pointing out it's nowhere near as bad as the NSC bandwagon makes out.

So unless you have actually studied the game and CMS' influence there in, pipe down.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
And what do you have to back that up?

I watched the game, and as I said on here a couple of days ago, I watched it noting CMS' performance.

I thought there would be more grey areas but there wasn't, his first half was clean and tidy.
Second half he just didn't receive the ball.
I'm not saying his first touch is legendary, merely pointing out it's nowhere near as bad as the NSC bandwagon makes out.

So unless you have actually studied the game and CMS' influence there in, pipe down.

f*** me are you OPTA now?

I watched the game. His first touch wasn't too bad but he was muscled out or lost possession far too often.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A girl I know who has no interest in football went to the Watford game, her first game just to "see what it's like."

When I spoke to her she said "why does that bloke with the blond hair keep waving his arms around and moaning, why doesn't he get the ball and do something instead"?

Well?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
f*** me are you OPTA now?

I watched the game. His first touch wasn't too bad but he was muscled out or lost possession far too often.
No, I just I knew these kind of comments would be coming, so as I was working and couldn't go, I thought I'd out sad even myself by being an amateur Ferret re CMS and his first touch.

Mainly because watching I often find myself thinking 'I don't get it'.
Then he does something like he did yesterday, control on him chest, turned the defender, and then booted the ball 30 yards :facepalm:
At that point I think I get it, as I instantly forget the 5 other things that were great.

So I'm glad I did it and should the opportunity arrive again, I'll do it again, hopefully with someone like yourself, for balance.

CMS did very little wrong, in the first half, and did very little in the second.
As an experiment it was quite enlightening.

On more than one occasion yesterday I found myself shouting "And that's why he CANNOT play as a lone striker"

f*** me his first touch is so bad he then has to chase it. He must be quite easy to play against, just stand off him and wait for him to "pass" the ball to you.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Oh yeah littered with poor touches, yesterday.

I'm talking generally not just about his performance yesterday. Too frequently the ball goes up to CMS an ends up coming straight back again because the defender gets to the second ball after CMS's first touch. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but if we want to get to another level as a team then I'm afraid that is a level too far for CMS

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Oh yeah littered with poor touches, yesterday.

On more than one occasion yesterday I found myself shouting "And that's why he CANNOT play as a lone striker"

f*** me his first touch is so bad he then has to chase it. He must be quite easy to play against, just stand off him and wait for him to "pass" the ball to you.

Agree, CMS's second touch is usually a tackle because his first touch has showed too much of the ball to the opposition

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm talking generally not just about his performance yesterday. Too frequently the ball goes up to CMS an ends up coming straight back again because the defender gets to the second ball after CMS's first touch. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but if we want to get to another level as a team then I'm afraid that is a level too far for CMS
So not yesterday when his first half performance, was pretty good, just generally.

Yesterday backed up my opinion, when it goes wrong for CMS everybody notices, all the time it doesn't many people don't see a thing.

As for giving the ball away, I'd imagine by virtue of his position and role, Bridcutt gave the ball away the most, by a comfortable margin.
I guess anyone saying he should be dropped would have the entire fan base turn on them.

Oh and I'm not a blinkered rose tinted window licker when it comes to all things CMS.
I am aware CMS is the player in our squad most likely to have these stat's blow up in my face, the next time I do it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
OK,.. so you need to play your top scorer and the guy who is fit and scoring ..... agreed?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
So not yesterday when his first half performance, was pretty good, just generally.

Yesterday backed up my opinion, when it goes wrong for CMS everybody notices, all the time it doesn't many people don't see a thing.

As for giving the ball away, I'd imagine by virtue of his position and role, Bridcutt gave the ball away the most, by a comfortable margin.
I guess anyone saying he should be dropped would have the entire fan base turn on them.

Oh and I'm not a blinkered rose tinted window licker when it comes to all things CMS.
I am aware CMS is the player in our squad most likely to have these stat's blow up in my face, the next time I do it.

So your arguing that cms was better than bridcutt yesterday???

Stat - please!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't think CMS is entirely to blame but he does shoulder some responsibility. He and the team are on very different wavelengths at the moment and its effecting both.

There was mass criticism of Barnes when Gus wasn't dropping him when he had a run of poor form and I think CMS is in the same situation. He should be rested for Hoskins because he is out of form and confidence. Hopefully, hr can come back, like Barnes, a hungrier, fitter and more in form player.

I think we all want him to do well.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
CMS work rate keeps the opposing teams defenders back which gives other Brighton players more time and room. Watch him during the game and you will get knackered just watching the amount of work he does. He will score goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here