Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I was talking to a Pompey fan on Saturday, he was hoping that they get relegated this season.It would mean that he would be able to do nearly all 92 league grounds in 4 seasons with his own club, not many people could say that.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Now I almost appologise for dragging this thread to the top again, but the following quote from a Pompey Fan on twitter just about sums up why I and others dislike this club with a vengence.

Apparently the administrator has told four of their players that there contracts won't be renewed on the 15th January as a cost cutting measure. To which said fan tweeted:

Joe Michalczuk ‏@joemichalczuk
Are we as Pompey fans - as followers of a club of our stature in league one - going to accept asset stripping and cost cutting like this?

And people wonder why so many of us have so little time for them. :rant:
"asset stripping"?! What assets?

I went away from this thread and came back to post a reply because I simply cannot believe it!

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
What they did was wrong but wishing they went out of existence is only going to make their fans the losers. The board will get new ways of making money, the players will find other clubs but the fans can't just move to another team.

Spot on, football banter is one thing but wishing a club to go out of business is pretty harsh, however this fiasco needs some kind of resolution!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here