Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton favorites to beat Newcastle

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
As mentioned on 5 Live during the Buckley interview we are now (some bookies) favorites to beat Newcastle tomorrow. How rare is it for a lower league team to be the favorites to beat a Prem team?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Sky bet has us as 11/8 and Newcastle are 15/8. I can see why we are favourites with their injury list but they are still a Premiership team with a lot of quality and our home form isn't great so not sure I'd take the bet.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have had a look on some of the Newcastle forums, they are not optimistic at all.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably worth pointing out that this has completely turned around in last 24 hours.

Newcastle were favourites yesterday, about 6-4 and you could get well over 2-1 on Brighton.

But confirmation on Ba going, plus reports from Newcastle that Coloccini and Cisse are out as well as Tiote, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez, Cabaye and Steven Taylor have seen all the money for Brighton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did they not look at our home record?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It would be great to win by several goals and reward all the fans going and impress many more potential new fans watching on TV to fill those extra seats in the future.just waiting for my lift to go down the pub for breakfast and a pint of good Harvey's or Scrooge 5% maybe not bit strong with Breakfast?:drink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FA cup games are different to League games:drama:

I like to be mentally prepared for disappointment, especially after the Watford game where I thought that we had a good chance. Didn't see that one coming and it was a BIG disappointment. But you're right it's a cup game and anything can happen.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
newcastle 7/5 at william hill online.............also mad as it sounds i will have a quid on watford at man city...14/1

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just seen Pardew being very complimentary about us on SSN. "great club, great fans, great stadium which they always fill and will one day be a force in the Premiership" :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here