Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reo Ferdinand Tweet response...

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
It's all relative I suppose. For a footballer I'd Imagine Xmas and new years isn't great but then again you earn enough money that tweeting about it sounds slightly pointless also.

And it's not like he will be staying in a holiday inn either.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
It's all relative I suppose. For a footballer I'd Imagine Xmas and new years isn't great but then again you earn enough money that tweeting about it sounds slightly pointless also.

And it's not like he will be staying in a holiday inn either.

Fellow Lancing Seagull, you speak sense! Completely agree

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I liked this a lot (From F365)
Buggin'
Footballers, as they are wont to do, sometimes offer their opinion on things like music and so forth.

And Derby youngster Will Hughes did exactly this on Thursday evening, tweeting:

'Not having all this hype about Jake Bugg #average #dobetter.'

Young Master Bugg then responded simply: 'You play for Derby.'

Pithy, correct and magnificent.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Buggin'
Footballers, as they are wont to do, sometimes offer their opinion on things like music and so forth.

I'll wager Hughes will have the last laugh on that one. Arsenal, Man City and Barcelona are tracking him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll wager Hughes will have the last laugh on that one. Arsenal, Man City and Barcelona are tracking him.

This.

Will Hughes will play many times for England. Who the f*** is Jake Bugg?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I just think as a footballer you should NEVER even joke about moaning. Especially if you're shit and on over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS per week.

Don't even mention being grateful. Just shut up and be rich.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just think as a footballer you should NEVER even joke about moaning. Especially if you're shit and on over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS per week.

Don't even mention being grateful. Just shut up and be rich.

Exactly right.

I saw one reply to Ferdinand's moan (about spending NYE in a 5 star hotel), which read "I've spent 3 of the last 5 Christmases in Afganistan. Suck it up"

I didn't see if Ferdinand replied to it.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Hah! Rio Ferdinand eh? My scouse mates mum says " How can you trust anyone with an earthworm for a top lip " Pure class AND she's in her 80's.

Jimmy Grimble

This.

Will Hughes will play many times for England. Who the f*** is Jake Bugg?

Been dubbed the "saviour of British music" by some press outlets.

Released his debut album a few months ago. Supported The Stone Roses and Noel Gallagher recently. He's a very talented artist with a big future ahead of him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Released his debut album a few months ago. Supported The Stone Roses and Noel Gallagher recently. He's a very talented artist with a big future ahead of him.

Fair enough. I'll have a listen later.

He clearly knows very little about football though, if he thinks that holding down a regular place in a mid-table Championship team at the age of 17, is a cause for amusement.

Jimmy Grimble

He clearly knows very little about football though, if he thinks that holding down a regular place in a mid-table Championship team at the age of 17, is a cause for amusement.

He was antagonised in fairness, and I think it was meant slightly tongue-in-cheek. Also might be spurred by the fact Bugg supports Notts County (not sure how much of a rivalry - if any - there is between the two clubs).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Buggin'

Perhaps unintentionally so. I suspect Bugg only said it because he comes from Nottingham.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Jake Bugg is from Nottingham - I suspect that this will have some bearing on his disdain for Derby County.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Sounds like he's stuck in the past to me, based on company being kept. Oasis/Madchester isn't the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here