Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital advertising for Saturday

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Blimey, a way for the club to get more money in and people are moaning about it? FFS, do you spend all game worrying about the existing static boards? I couldn't care less about them, the only one that I've ever found annoying is one they use in the Champions League where a car appears to drive along the touchline.

All of you Luddites can sod off and sit in the East Stand, then you won't have to look at them. Me, I'll just enjoy the game and be grateful that the club are getting some money into the coffers that's not being raised from my pocket.

You're sense talking is not welcome round here crab apple, the boards look rubbish, the 5000 people a the game will hate them and Barbera should get the sack.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Blimey, a way for the club to get more money in and people are moaning about it? FFS, do you spend all game worrying about the existing static boards? I couldn't care less about them, the only one that I've ever found annoying is one they use in the Champions League where a car appears to drive along the touchline.

All of you Luddites can sod off and sit in the East Stand, then you won't have to look at them. Me, I'll just enjoy the game and be grateful that the club are getting some money into the coffers that's not being raised from my pocket.

Indeed. Although not sure how much the club will make out of this one off game if ITV are the ones supplying the boards etc?

They are designed to be distracting to the viewer, but I can't believe people could be that put off because of them. Would have no problem if/when we get them in permanently.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Indeed. Although not sure how much the club will make out of this one off game if ITV are the ones supplying the boards etc?

See my previous post, we get quite a bit from the FA for having them, plus we get to run some of the ads of our own sponsors through them too.

Bully for all of you who say you don't care, but I can't focus on the pitch with these damned things. Will spoil it for me.
Agreed. They spoil the matchday experience.

And then there is this ...

Photosensitive Epilepsy (PSE) is sensitivity to flickering lights, colours, and visual patterns where stimulation can lead to epileptic seizures. Light stimulation does not cause PSE, but it can and does trigger it. As a condition, PSE affects approximately one in four thousand people with around 23,000 people in the UK known to have photosensitive epilepsy. For many others, the condition lies dormant just waiting for the right trigger. The most susceptible age for PSE is in the age group 7 to 20 where first seizures are five times more prevalent than at other ages. According to research, three quarters of those diagnosed remain photosensitive for life. PSE, which is twice as common in females as in males, is equally prevalent in people of all ethnic origins. As well as emotional distress, seizures carry inherent and situational risks that often include physical harm, and can and have lead to loss of life.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
See my previous post, we get quite a bit from the FA for having them, plus we get to run some of the ads of our own sponsors through them too.

Apologies missed that when I skimmed through earlier! Didn't think we'd see much out of it for this match alone but great news that we are and can't really see any reason for any complaints.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
The wooden triangles provide better protection for the photographers, saved me from a right clattering at Millennium stadium...... Hit the top of triangle and went straight up then back onto the field without it I would have been heading it back into play :)

The ball has also hit these many times before rather than me.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Thought the digital boards looked good yesterday - not too imposing and befitting for a modern stadium - hope to see them there in the future

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Thought the digital boards looked good yesterday - not too imposing and befitting for a modern stadium - hope to see them there in the future

Agreed. Some of the comments on this thread are incredible. It's a digital advertising board not a f***ing great pillar right in front of your seat!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. They spoil the matchday experience.

And then there is this ...

Photosensitive Epilepsy (PSE) is sensitivity to flickering lights, colours, and visual patterns where stimulation can lead to epileptic seizures. Light stimulation does not cause PSE, but it can and does trigger it. As a condition, PSE affects approximately one in four thousand people with around 23,000 people in the UK known to have photosensitive epilepsy. For many others, the condition lies dormant just waiting for the right trigger. The most susceptible age for PSE is in the age group 7 to 20 where first seizures are five times more prevalent than at other ages. According to research, three quarters of those diagnosed remain photosensitive for life. PSE, which is twice as common in females as in males, is equally prevalent in people of all ethnic origins. As well as emotional distress, seizures carry inherent and situational risks that often include physical harm, and can and have lead to loss of life.

I had a splitting headache during the game, and for a few hours after. Don't know if thi was the reason.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
FFS. Some people will moan about anything, and if you didn't have anything to moan about, you'd probably moan about that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The numbers from yesterday are as follows :

£137,000 from ITV for the match on telly.
£70,000 from ITV for allowing them to put up the digital advertising boards.
£70,000 prize money from the FA.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I had a splitting headache during the game, and for a few hours after. Don't know if thi was the reason.

Probably not. I could cut and paste symptoms and causes of a number of conditions from Wikipedia and people would think they had it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When we went to the Amex before the start of last season for the 1901 open day the ground was complete, but there were no advertising hoardings, and it looked magnificent. Likewise for the SSC final.

267486_10150307518196635_4239979_n.jpg

It was quite a suprise to turn up for the Doncaster game and see all the new hoardings everywhere.

Really? A surprise to see something that you see at every football ground in the country every week!

What next, companies' names on the front of the shirts and in the stadium name?!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Probably not. I could cut and paste symptoms and causes of a number of conditions from Wikipedia and people would think they had it.

Yes, I doubt that was the cause. Though once we're using them regularly I'll know if it's happening regularly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Really? A surprise to see something that you see at every football ground in the country every week!

What next, companies' names on the front of the shirts and in the stadium name?!

I'm sorry that you've missed my point. I was commenting on the fact that we went to the Amex twice in quick succession (1901 open day and SSC Final) there were no hoardings. Then a few days later for the Spurs game dozens of hoardings had been installed, which, though expected, made a huge difference to how the stadium looked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The numbers from yesterday are as follows :

£137,000 from ITV for the match on telly.
£70,000 from ITV for allowing them to put up the digital advertising boards.
£70,000 prize money from the FA.
Fingers crossed Tony doesn't have an average hand to go on, any time soon.
He'll be pulling ITV IOU's out of his pocket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here