Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital advertising for Saturday

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They were a lot less bright than the ones at Upton Park.

I think with the amount of football I watch on TV, it didn't really register with me after the initial "ooh look" factor. You see them on most televised matches, and other sports too, didn't distract me at all, although I did notice of the adverts more than I do of the static hoardings.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think with the amount of football I watch on TV, it didn't really register with me after the initial "ooh look" factor. You see them on most televised matches, and other sports too, didn't distract me at all, although I did notice of the adverts more than I do of the static hoardings.

I'd imagine that most people are okay with the actual concept of the digital signs. I do think that MOVING ads should be banned from them though. Some, with cars drin=ving along pitchside, or planes taking off, or bouncing balls, are ridiculously distracting.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The problem arises when the digital adverts form a backdrop to the players themselves, from WSU they were comfortably situated above the field of play, at Upton Park they were additionally at the ends including behind the goals. If you are trying to foucus on the goalmouth from the opposite end of the pitch, placing a flourescent pink animated advert behind the keeper is hugely irritating.

At the ground you have the option to look in another direction to avoid the adverts, watching on TV you have no choice as to what you see on the screen ( and the ITV director will be under instructions to tell the cameramen to keep the adverts in their cameras field of view ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here