Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Taricco: Show Your Quality

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Mauricio Taricco wants the Albion players to prove their quality...
Assistant manager Mauricio Taricco has called for the Albion players to show their quality as they head into the New Year, starting with their fixture at Ipswich on Tuesday.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We are playing good football but we need a little bit more quality to win the games. We’ve got it, but we need to show it. At the moment we aren’t showing the quality to settle games but it’s only a matter of time and we’ll keep plugging away. That’s what you have to do in football.
“It’s disappointing when you come away from games that you could have easily got more points from. I can’t think of many games that we have got points and robbed teams. You can play well and dominate games but to win them is a different matter, you need to show a little bit more quality.
“It is all about consistency, every individual has to show consistency. We are not doing that in key areas at the moment and we need to change that in order to go on to better things.”
The ex-Ipswich defender has seen an uncharacteristic change in the Seagulls' defence recently, having conceded five goals in their past two fixtures.
The Argentinean explained that the Albion need to improve in both boxes if they are to reach their full potential this season.
“Everyone is disappointed that we are conceding goals, not just me. It irritates everyone.
“Games are lost and won in both boxes and at the moment we have not been great in either. We need to get better at that, especially at the back where we have previously been solid. That said, if you get chances at the other end and you score them then it is a different game.
“The play-offs are always a possibility, you win three matches and you are there. I don’t have a crystal ball so I don’t know what’s coming but I know we have a better squad than last year and I know we have improved both as a team and individually.
“Slowly we are trying to get better, maybe it is going to take longer than I thought but the idea is to always get better and improve. We are looking for ‘the click’ but we haven’t found it yet. We have tried different things, moving players, while also coping with injuries but it hasn’t clicked yet.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here