Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold ambition: Zaha believes he is ready for the Premier League

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
A player is only worth what someone is prepared to pay arent they... a bit of hype here, a good game there and suddenly its big money. Add in an England cap and the fact that Zaha is unplayable with 1 champ defender and difficult to stop with 2 and there you have a big fee. Will be about £12m I think. Whats disappointing for us is that you think he'd stay until the end of the season, but apparently not. We have good owners, they will use the money well and we do have other young players coming back as has been said. Its Murray that we cant afford to lose now as has been shown if he gets regular service from the wings and his confidence is up, hes a top class championship striker, so I imagine another winger and a back up for FFS will be on the cards. Although an entire new defence would work for me !

Sadly, sometimes you have to concede some players are bigger than your club and thats how it will probably always be. But now everyone will see how we're not a one man team, and anyway Bolasie has stepped up since Zaha disappeared after the England game, and has been causing all kinds of havoc. Interesting times...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
A player is only worth what someone is prepared to pay arent they... a bit of hype here, a good game there and suddenly its big money. Add in an England cap and the fact that Zaha is unplayable with 1 champ defender and difficult to stop with 2 and there you have a big fee. Will be about £12m I think. Whats disappointing for us is that you think he'd stay until the end of the season, but apparently not. We have good owners, they will use the money well and we do have other young players coming back as has been said. Its Murray that we cant afford to lose now as has been shown if he gets regular service from the wings and his confidence is up, hes a top class championship striker, so I imagine another winger and a back up for FFS will be on the cards. Although an entire new defence would work for me !

Sadly, sometimes you have to concede some players are bigger than your club and thats how it will probably always be. But now everyone will see how we're not a one man team, and anyway Bolasie has stepped up since Zaha disappeared after the England game, and has been causing all kinds of havoc. Interesting times...

I think the rest of the footballing world thought he'd go in january, it was only really your fans that thought differently.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
I think the rest of the footballing world thought he'd go in january, it was only really your fans that thought differently.

Ah yes, myself included ! But love will do strange things to your thought process...

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Good evening & happy new year to my Palace comrades & Brighton friends, I hope all of you a fantastic 2013.

I'm torn on this. Wilf is undoubtably a top class player, worth crazy money & part of what makes football a financially incredulous occupation. Will Palace go up with him? Possibly.

Will we go up without him but after strengthing with his transfer money? Possibly.

Do us, the fans, know for sure? Nope.

It's out of our hands regardless & just a matter of waiting & seeing. I've just been reading this board on
my train to Brum & have seen that the speculation about your best players is as rife as ours. Such is the media being as guilty as managers.

What ever happens I sincerely wish the best of luck to our seagull friends & an epic & exciting end to both our seasons!

SCE

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
The real problem for Palace is if the top offer is about £8 million, Parish and co say no and then you have a pissed off Zaha till the end of the season. Then his value only can go down. Best option I would think for them is take the money and run.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The real problem for Palace is if the top offer is about £8 million, Parish and co say no and then you have a pissed off Zaha till the end of the season. Then his value only can go down. Best option I would think for them is take the money and run.

£8m is supposedly Arsenal's initial offer. Since when has anyone's initial offer ever been their final offer, or even close to it for that matter?

We will get a lot more than £8m. We'd be ripping ourselves off.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
£8m is supposedly Arsenal's initial offer. Since when has anyone's initial offer ever been their final offer, or even close to it for that matter?

We will get a lot more than £8m. We'd be ripping ourselves off.

Fair do's but my main point is that if he doesn't go he's not going to be very happy and his last months form might well become the norm. This must depress his value further for that fateful day in the close season when terms are finally agreed.

Anyway, happy New year to all our Palace friends, please just have a dip in form to cheer us up. :eek:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I heard he Dived in the opposition's bath afterwards.
rofl.gif

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I heard he Dived in the opposition's bath afterwards.
rofl.gif

I heard he also performed a "Lopez" , a quadruple roll whilst having a crafty peek at Pulis :D

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
There was contact on Lopez, Zahahahaha has no one around him and falls like a sniper as taken him out.....

I hope those grass stains come out of his shirt !!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Zaha and his agent have been whoring his availability around for a few weeks now and he clearly wants away to the premier league. Parish has been doing his best to talk up his price too at every opportunity so I'd be surprised if he stays much longer. Personally If I was a palace fan I'd be inclined to think get rid of him now for maximum value and invest that in some other quality players to Improve the team as a whole although quite how much the yokel would be given is open to question. I still can't help but think palaces finances are more parlous than they care to admit and may have been behind Dougies decision to quit when he was told how much he would have to spend if Zaha was ever sold.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Zaha and his agent have been whoring his availability around for a few weeks now and he clearly wants away to the premier league. Parish has been doing his best to talk up his price too at every opportunity so I'd be surprised if he stays much longer. Personally If I was a palace fan I'd be inclined to think get rid of him now for maximum value and invest that in some other quality players to Improve the team as a whole although quite how much the yokel would be given is open to question. I still can't help but think palaces finances are more parlous than they care to admit and may have been behind Dougies decision to quit when he was told how much he would have to spend if Zaha was ever sold.

Wilf's agent can do all he wants to get a move, but ultimately until an offer it made and accepted, he can't do f**k all about it.
Of course Parish is talking up the price, that's what clubs do isn't it ? Did I not read today Poyet said Bridcutt could play for Real Madrid ?
We lost £4/5 million last year, and the owners covered the debt, and they've been quite transparent about balancing the books every 2 seasons.
Dougie left because talks on a new contract weren't as advanced as he hoped, so took the opportunity to go elsewhere, his choice,and the compo paid for Holloway.
Be interesting reading your accounts in March, if the rumours are true and your losing money, maybe reality will hit home and people will realise that there's not a bottomless pit of money at your disposal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here