Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold ambition: Zaha believes he is ready for the Premier League

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Since his debut for England, he hasn't been the same player, and it's not a co incidence .
With today's ill timed interview, it seems he could be on his way,

The way of the world. Once lower league players get England call ups they end up getting their heads turned. The difference in their wages should they sign for a Premier League club is obscene and no doubt he wasn't impressed to be on the wages he was on when he looked around at how much the others were on. May get slated for this but Zamora's call up for the England 21's was about the time he started to get itchy feet and although DK managed to hold on to him for a season longer I think BZ wanted out long before he went.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
On a level that wants the best for the national team hope he joins a club like Wigan where he'll play game in game out and gradually improve before making a big money move like Moses. If not hopefully he'll join Arsenal and they'll bring him on like Chamberlain, not convinced he's as mature as chamberlain thought given recent and past comments.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Daily Mirror says Man U bidding £8 mil for him. Way under Palace fans valuation?

Can they afford to sell him for that much? They made it very clear that they have a two year cycle which ends this summer, and if they don't go up they will at least have to consider selling players.

£10 million is supposed to be the loss over these two seasons, but that was always covered because of the likes of Zaha. If Zaha doesn't cover it then they would have to sell more (never mind the fact that it seem that they are going to spend a bit more than they planned in January, as they are going to go for it because of the position they are in).

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Daily Mirror says Man U bidding £8 mil for him. Way under Palace fans valuation?

If it can be believed then that's not a bad opening offer . If Wilf does go the fee will not be made public so maybe we will never know . But if Norwich are rumoured to be in for CMS for £5 m then we should hope for a good fee regardless .

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
At least he has the confidence to think he is Premiership material, most of our players seem to believe they are more suited to League 1.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Can they afford to sell him for that much? They made it very clear that they have a two year cycle which ends this summer, and if they don't go up they will at least have to consider selling players.

£10 million is supposed to be the loss over these two seasons, but that was always covered because of the likes of Zaha. If Zaha doesn't cover it then they would have to sell more (never mind the fact that it seem that they are going to spend a bit more than they planned in January, as they are going to go for it because of the position they are in).

A lot of this is true Andy and I think it is the right policy . We , more than anyone , should know the importance of not chasing the dream , we must try to balance the books every so often . In this league you will not make money but you must minimise your loses without undermining your chances of success too much , a very hard thing to do !

I trust our owners 100% to do what's best and if selling Wilf is the best solution then we will have to accept it as sad as it is . If you are struggling financially with big crowds then it is a worry .

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Him and Bolasie would easily make it into the premier league, the question is which team. I can see Arsenal going in for Zaha, but I've been more impressed with Bolasie. But I suppose that comes from him being slightly older and more matured in the game.

I do hope Zaha chooses England as his international team, he is and I hate to admit it, what England needs in terms of a technical, pacey player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here