Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet Calls for Winning Performances

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion are halfway through their season and although buoyed by performances, boss Gus Poyet has called for his players to find the winning touch...
Only one team in the Championship has lost less games this season but the Uruguayan would like his side to turn draws into wins to make a push for the play-offs during the second half of the season.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Performances are much better this season than last year and for 90 minutes we have been better than a lot of the teams we play against. We have had two bad games and got a point in both which shows that you don’t get what you deserve in football.
“We are the only ones to blame for that because it's football and not boxing. We are proud of our quality of play but we have not done the whole job and that is why we are where we are in the league. We have got to turn the performances into victories.
“It’s not just one or two games either because we have played more than 20 games. There are no coincidences; we are where we deserve to be so I don’t think it’s a matter of doing it with the players we have here at the moment, we need to make a few changes so I hope it’s a busy January for us.”
Poyet’s side travel to Ewood Park on Saturday and he insisted that Blackburn are a better side than what their position suggests.
“When the fixtures came out in the summer this is one of the games I was looking forward to straight away; Blackburn away.
“They have a very good squad and there are plenty of teams in the middle of the table, so if any of them have a great end they will finish in a good position.
“I’m sure that Blackburn have got the potential, the money and the fanbase to do very well in this division so I’m sure it’s a matter of time for them. I just hope that starts on Boxing Day and not on Saturday.
“We are not going there in the best possible shape but we are going to make sure that the ones on the pitch are good enough to win the game. I’m sure that they will be so I’m relaxed, but I need to make the right decisions now.
“We will keep it simple because we are not very good when we change things.”
Click here*to view the full list of Christmas opening hours.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here