Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Barnes Looking to Grab Opportunity

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Ashley Barnes is hungry to reclaim a berth in Gus Poyet’s starting line-up...
The Albion striker has been named among the substitutes for the last two games but it has made him more determined to put himself back in contention for a starting place.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m itching to start every game, but obviously it is up to the gaffer. It is his decision what team he puts out.
“Being dropped to the bench has been the wake-up call I needed. I was playing a lot of games at the start of the season and probably not playing as well as I would have liked to, so hopefully, when I get my chance again, I will take it.
“I’ve changed my position since being at Brighton; I can play all over the park now and wherever the gaffer puts me, as long as I’m on the field, I will always give my all and try my hardest.”
The 23-year-old has also set his goal target high this season, despite the manager favouring him in a more withdrawn role.
“I haven’t played as an out-and-out striker for a very long time. I still want to contribute with goals but you are mainly trying to get more assists. However, for me, it is still all about goals. I only have one thing on my mind when I’m around the goal and that is scoring.
“I want to be well up there, as close to the 20 mark as possible, and we still have plenty of games left for me to get there.
“My aim is to score goals but at the moment I am happy to help the team out with other things, but that is football.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here