Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the progress ?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Well I will try and respond with the same biased that the Palace Troll stated.....

Point 1

CMS is by far a better option than Murray, IMHO, as he is creates havoc with opposing defences and again on Saturday, opposing fans stating that they were frightend when he got the ball, even Palace fans admitted that they were impressed with him and he did not play well last week. Adding to that his record is not bad for us, probably better than Murray, if you take away the penalties and more importantly to me, he is a great club man and does loads for the Community. I also expects that we would get more money for him than Murray, so happy with him thanks, not saying that I would not want Murray back, but not to replace, so happy with that progress

Point 2

Support, yes very happy with that progress, are you happy with your ever decreasing support base ? and I know it has been mentioned before but we have larger away support than Palace for years, check the facts, even when we were in div 1, and much better home than you without the help of Groupon, Kids for a quid etc, so happy with that progress

Point 3

Ground, yes its the best ground in the Championship, yours is the worst, so yes happy with that progress.

Point 4

Noise and fans -Think we need to get Balaclavas, plastic flags, a drummer, an Eagle that is frightend of Seagulls, Cheerleaders that get paid as they are mainly West Ham fans, Goal music, an annoying announcer who does not know the name of his own players and has to ask the small crowd the name of their own players, so maybe you beat us on that one ???

Point 5

Attendance - Happy to make a bet with you, that our crowds will be above yours for the next 10 years, so happy with that progress

Point 6

Manager - Yes happy with him as he has turned the club around in the 3 years he has been here, we play lovely football, had success on a sensible budget and not playing silly money on wages (Murray ??). Yes he will go one day to a bigger club but he will have left us a much better team and structure. I suppose we could have a scottish traitor who 'would never leave the club as I am legend' or a Wurzell, So happy with that progress.

In summary our progress over the past 15 years is remarkable, I stood on the terrace at Hereford and prayed that we would not go out of the leauge and business, in that time we have played at a ground 85 miles away and survived on 2/3000 crowds, built a temp stadium to get back to the city and communuity, paid our way, sold all our best players, had 3 championships and 1 play off win, then built a wonderful new stadium, with 18,000 STO, then after one year, expanded the ground and now have 23,000 STO. I actually call that the best progress of any club in the leauge, so happy with that one.

Think when you troll, I suggest you try a better subject where Palace can at least be close to us on, I am affraid Progress as a football club is something that you are miles behind us. But good try.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Please God no....I beseech you.....let me be.....for goodness sake's why do you keep punishing me....it is more than any man should be expected to take.......what have I done to deserve this!
Together with Chesney Christ, we have tried to show you the light but you keep falling back into old habits. You insist on pretending that there is genuine rivalry between two football clubs, 44 miles apart and with absolutely nothing in common. It is a sham and artificial. We all know how, why and where it started. Not a hundred years ago. Not when the clubs met season after season through the late 40's and 50's. Why not? Because Palace hated Millwall.
We all know, in our heart of hearts, that BHA have no natural rivals and a lot of us want to return to that. Why? Because it makes us a little bit different. Away from the pack. Able to approach every league and cup with equal measure. Away from this petty, trumped up, hysterical tripe, pretending to be a rivalry. I've even heard idiots referring to the ' A23 derby '
In case some of the intellectually challenged out there have overlooked the fact, Brighton is on the coast. Palace are in London, much much closer to Millwall and Charlton, which is where all their historical ties are.
The younger fans know no better so they have to be educated and persuaded this nonsense has to end.
Please Bozza, I beg you...NO MORE PALACE THREADS UNTIL MARCH 16TH......issue an edict that they have to stop now and then are permitted for one day in March.
I am waving you goodbye Palace. Don't darken these threads again. We have seen the light. It is the beginning of the end. It is now on the slow burn to ashes. Join the bandwagon and lets regain our honourable neutrality.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
3 years ago we were at the arse end of League One. We walked the league the next season and just missed the playoffs last season. We are looking like an established team this season and have played the better football in pretty well all the games I've seen this season, although I did miss the Palace game where we were down to 10 after 8 mins. Our crowds have gone from 6,000 odd to 25,000 and we have a fabulous stadium.

On the negative front, we struggle to close out games and we can't win a game when we go behind. Our midfiled don't score enough and our forwards are misfiring.

Gus is a good manager who makes mistakes and is a bit pigheaded, as he seems a little inflexible with his tactics. He has struggled to replace Murray.

Overall you'd have to be a demanding numpty not to be very happy with the progress that we have made in the last three years. We have reached a plateau but I'm hoping a couple of January signings will help us make the next step.

There are worse places to be than the top half of a very entertaining Championship and promotion is not a priority this season.

I am loving being an Albion fan at the moment and accept that our progress will slow as we try and reach the top flight. There are so many good clubs in this division, we were never going to run away with this league.

Succinct and spot-on. The most accurate thread I've read for ages.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
My my is that Bobby Smith I see? Gents if you want to see the main reason you have so many Palace fans on your board there he is. Bobby has been trolling the Holmesdale and I suspect the BBS for a long time now. He's the original bet welcher far before Seaside and his constant trolling has led many others to join this board. Funny enough he's been pretty silent recently on our board. In fact he claimed the reason why was going on a business trip alas it appears its just because we are better than you so far this season. Well done Bobby :)

Please God no....I beseech you.....let me be.....for goodness sake's why do you keep punishing me....it is more than any man should be expected to take.......what have I done to deserve this!
Together with Chesney Christ, we have tried to show you the light but you keep falling back into old habits. You insist on pretending that there is genuine rivalry between two football clubs, 44 miles apart and with absolutely nothing in common. It is a sham and artificial. We all know how, why and where it started. Not a hundred years ago. Not when the clubs met season after season through the late 40's and 50's. Why not? Because Palace hated Millwall.
We all know, in our heart of hearts, that BHA have no natural rivals and a lot of us want to return to that. Why? Because it makes us a little bit different. Away from the pack. Able to approach every league and cup with equal measure. Away from this petty, trumped up, hysterical tripe, pretending to be a rivalry. I've even heard idiots referring to the ' A23 derby '
In case some of the intellectually challenged out there have overlooked the fact, Brighton is on the coast. Palace are in London, much much closer to Millwall and Charlton, which is where all their historical ties are.
The younger fans know no better so they have to be educated and persuaded this nonsense has to end.
Please Bozza, I beg you...NO MORE PALACE THREADS UNTIL MARCH 16TH......issue an edict that they have to stop now and then are permitted for one day in March.
I am waving you goodbye Palace. Don't darken these threads again. We have seen the light. It is the beginning of the end. It is now on the slow burn to ashes. Join the bandwagon and lets regain our honourable neutrality.

do us a favour mate, can you stop patronising people like myself who have supported the club since the mid 70's, If you don't feel anything that's your loss, but stop f***ing preaching on here please, I don't appreciate people telling me how I should support my club or who I should see as a rival

CPFC-Dave

Dec 1, 2012
Well I will try and respond with the same biased that the Palace Troll stated.....

Point 1

CMS is by far a better option than Murray, IMHO, as he is creates havoc with opposing defences and again on Saturday, opposing fans stating that they were frightend when he got the ball, even Palace fans admitted that they were impressed with him and he did not play well last week. Adding to that his record is not bad for us, probably better than Murray, if you take away the penalties and more importantly to me, he is a great club man and does loads for the Community. I also expects that we would get more money for him than Murray, so happy with him thanks, not saying that I would not want Murray back, but not to replace, so happy with that progress

Point 2

Support, yes very happy with that progress, are you happy with your ever decreasing support base ? and I know it has been mentioned before but we have larger away support than Palace for years, check the facts, even when we were in div 1, and much better home than you without the help of Groupon, Kids for a quid etc, so happy with that progress

Point 3

Ground, yes its the best ground in the Championship, yours is the worst, so yes happy with that progress.

Point 4

Noise and fans -Think we need to get Balaclavas, plastic flags, a drummer, an Eagle that is frightend of Seagulls, Cheerleaders that get paid as they are mainly West Ham fans, Goal music, an annoying announcer who does not know the name of his own players and has to ask the small crowd the name of their own players, so maybe you beat us on that one ???

Point 5

Attendance - Happy to make a bet with you, that our crowds will be above yours for the next 10 years, so happy with that progress

Point 6

Manager - Yes happy with him as he has turned the club around in the 3 years he has been here, we play lovely football, had success on a sensible budget and not playing silly money on wages (Murray ??). Yes he will go one day to a bigger club but he will have left us a much better team and structure. I suppose we could have a scottish traitor who 'would never leave the club as I am legend' or a Wurzell, So happy with that progress.

In summary our progress over the past 15 years is remarkable, I stood on the terrace at Hereford and prayed that we would not go out of the leauge and business, in that time we have played at a ground 85 miles away and survived on 2/3000 crowds, built a temp stadium to get back to the city and communuity, paid our way, sold all our best players, had 3 championships and 1 play off win, then built a wonderful new stadium, with 18,000 STO, then after one year, expanded the ground and now have 23,000 STO. I actually call that the best progress of any club in the leauge, so happy with that one.

Think when you troll, I suggest you try a better subject where Palace can at least be close to us on, I am affraid Progress as a football club is something that you are miles behind us. But good try.

You've got to be the saddest, most bitter prick in football. It sums you up visiting the holmesdale every morning in September then all of a sudden you was no where to be seen. The bets gone from who will finish higher in the league, to who would win last week and now you've gone for the desperation of attendances. Your local bookmaker must love you. I'd strongly advise you to get a life, take those sour grapes out of your mouth and get a decent education.

It would be nice to argue your points, but there's no point in bothering with people like you.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I think maybe you have the wrong BobbySmith, There are quite a few of us on here, as he was a great player of the 60's, I have never been on a Palace website, sorry.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
If you're not the BobbySmith from the HOL then sincerely my apologies.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It does make you laugh does't it.

A Palace troll comes on here telling us that CMS is crap, crowds will drop off, we are plastic fans, Poyet is useless blah, blah blah. We respond with telling them a few home truths about Palace and they all start crying.

With regards to the OP I think I actually prefer the Palace posters who come on here and just take the piss straight out. All this 'I'm not here to gloat, but....' nonsense is as boring as hell.

CPFC-Dave

Dec 1, 2012
I think maybe you have the wrong BobbySmith, There are quite a few of us on here, as he was a great player of the 60's, I have never been on a Palace website, sorry.

My apologies. There must be two registered users as Bobbysmith who both live in Worthing and shockingly illiterate. Both who also like putting forward bets and talking shite about Palace.

Do me a favour, your an embarrassment to yourself and other Brighton fans.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
"our support was shit"

Yours was shocking, a drum and some shitty we love you chant.

Not to mention how we were mugged from the start, it was hard to get into it. However, we were rocking at Charlton. Your support is the shape of a drum, which drowns out your chants.

CPFC-Dave

Dec 1, 2012
It does make you laugh does't it.

A Palace troll comes on here telling us that CMS is crap, crowds will drop off, we are plastic fans, Poyet is useless blah, blah blah. We respond with telling them a few home truths about Palace and they all start crying.

With regards to the OP I think I actually prefer the Palace posters who come on here and just take the piss straight out. All this 'I'm not here to gloat, but....' nonsense is as boring as hell.

Agree with you on that one. In other words "Please dont abuse me for being a Palace fan but.."

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Your support at home is good, but away games where the true fans go you lack both numbers and noise..

Are you on crack? 3,400 at Charlton last week, hardly ever falls below 1000 on the road in a predominantly northern league. Not having that.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Great post! Spot on.

3 years ago we were at the arse end of League One. We walked the league the next season and just missed the playoffs last season. We are looking like an established team this season and have played the better football in pretty well all the games I've seen this season, although I did miss the Palace game where we were down to 10 after 8 mins. Our crowds have gone from 6,000 odd to 25,000 and we have a fabulous stadium.

On the negative front, we struggle to close out games and we can't win a game when we go behind. Our midfiled don't score enough and our forwards are misfiring.

Gus is a good manager who makes mistakes and is a bit pigheaded, as he seems a little inflexible with his tactics. He has struggled to replace Murray.

Overall you'd have to be a demanding numpty not to be very happy with the progress that we have made in the last three years. We have reached a plateau but I'm hoping a couple of January signings will help us make the next step.

There are worse places to be than the top half of a very entertaining Championship and promotion is not a priority this season.

I am loving being an Albion fan at the moment and accept that our progress will slow as we try and reach the top flight. There are so many good clubs in this division, we were never going to run away with this league.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
and cheap season tickets bein to run out andyou have to pay full price for a new one.
Wtf??.... where are the cheap season tickets??.... every ticket has a full price, and its not cheap, the only concession is that we can pay monthly through the year interest free..... thats not being cheap, its good marketing. I tell you what cheap is, Groupon and BOGOF that you fookers have.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Was there any Palarse scum on here gloating about getting Murray last season when he scored a grand total of 7 goals in all competitions including a penalty???? When he extends his contract in the summer expect to see him slump around and get single figure goals again!:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here