Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Character Pleases Poyet

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet was happy with his side's performance in their 2-0 win over Bristol City...
Gus Poyet praised his side’s character following the comfortable 2-0 win against Bristol City.The Seagulls bounced back following the heartache of conceding a last-gasp goal against Bolton on Saturday and the Albion boss was pleased with the reaction.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “After we conceded so late, so painfully, we needed to make sure we had a good reaction today. We didn’t play as well as we did Saturday, but we put in a professional performance – we scored two goals and we kept a clean sheet.
“I am relaxed after that performance. We created four or five chances, we scored two goals from two midfielders and so I am happy for the players and for the club.
“We have been doing very, very well without getting the results for some reason and the start was key for us today.
“We started brightly, especially down the right-hand side, scored the goals early and we then managed the game the right way. We looked a threat going forward and it was a professional display.”
Poyet was also pleased to see two new names on the scoresheet – midfielders Andrea Orlandi and Dean Hammond.
“I’ve been asking for goals from midfield and today we got two. While it’s important the striker and offensive midfielders score goals, we need everyone to help out.
“Football is madness; for a while we couldn’t win, now we can’t lose. But it was nice to see us organised as a team to make it difficult for the opposition.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here