Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why does everyone think that Wimbledon are so wonderful. Yes what happened to their club was disgraceful but they let their club die and took the route of forming again rather than fight for their club. Glad we didn't have their fight when we were fighting for our club against Bellotti or Archer because we would not be playing at the Amex if we did. Now dons tin hat and awaits the bullets to be fired..

How did they let their club die ? They were relocated to Buckingshire ffs. They had no say in it, the Football League just sat back and let it happen. It was worse than what happened to us in my opinion. So Wimbledon's gates where sliding ... So what ? Then they would have slid down the leagues and found their natural level again eventually. A disgraceful day in English football.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My AFC supporting mate has spoken:

"Gutted but a little excited. The atmosphere will be like nothing else that day. Lets hope we at least come out of it with our heads held high. They shouldn't even be in the FA Cup, they shouldn't have a club. Dirty dirty bastards."

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
As the fans of the REAL Wimbledon supported us so well for Fans United, I feel this is absolutely the right time to repay their support. As such, I will be BOYCOTTING this game on behalf of the AFC Wimbledon fans.

....OK, so I have a Palace ticket, but the thought was there....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Stop all this pompous over reaction, its a game of football, two clubs, two sets of fans, what happened happened.... move on... its a facinating tie, should have great atmosphere and a bit of cash for both clubs.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If I was an AFC fan, I'd still go to the game, they'd be losing their own club money surely if they didn't bother turning up. I'd turn up full of hatred for MK and sing my heart out.

I've never seen the point in boycotting a game to be honest, and I'll never do it either.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Surely AFC can decline away tickets? I fear that, if some AFC fans attend, then the media will present it as a simple grudge match/ derby, at which point AFC lose the moral high ground.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
The FA let them get shafted worse than we were- we had a club if not a ground while they had both taken away.
Think the number of fans who organised and financed AFC Wimbledon is pretty similar to the amount we had at Gillingham at it's best. Good on them.

They gave up one protest outside Selhurst park and that was it. Yes the FA may have shafted them but there was no fight from their fans. If we had the same stance as Wimbledon we would be playing Braintree every year. end off.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
One of my mates is a big AFCW fan. Never mind AFC fans not travelling, he reckons there is a large proportion of their support who advocate their club simply refusing to EVER play MK Dons and taking whatever punishment the FA sees fit. I can't see that happening though.

Really going to piss myself if MK win. I couldn't give a f*** who win but AFCW are really pissing me off with we were hard done by.

Fight for your club and you might still have one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I couldn't give a f*** who win but AFCW are really pissing me off with we were hard done by. Fight for your club and you might still have one.

AFCW rather arrogantly and dismissively made their way through the non-league, showing a great deal of disrespect along the way to long established clubs. Of course, they were known to get a little testy to a chant of "you've got no history, you've got no history"...

They are certainly not the angelic heroes they would like everyone to believe...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Stop all this pompous over reaction, its a game of football, two clubs, two sets of fans, what happened happened.... move on... its a facinating tie, should have great atmosphere and a bit of cash for both clubs.

Wow - so if Archer offered money to Bloom for the Albion you'd be all for it as surely what happened, happened and we should all move on ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
some on here have already shown they've no morals or principles involved when it comes to supporting a club, and no doubt plenty more to come. f*** MK , i'll NEVER acknowledge them as a member of the football league

Despite the fact that I know of an original Wimbledon fan who was attacked by his own fans for wanting to go to Selhurst Park to watch his team, that he decided to follow MKDons when they were formed. He may be an isolated case, I don't know.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
If I was an AFC fan, I'd still go to the game, they'd be losing their own club money surely if they didn't bother turning up. I'd turn up full of hatred for MK and sing my heart out.

I've never seen the point in boycotting a game to be honest, and I'll never do it either.

Let's say for arguments sake that Bellotti and/or Archer bought another club. Would you go to the away game to line their pockets with money, knowing what they had done?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I remember asking an AFC fan a few years ago about the possibility of this fixture, as it was always going to happen sometime.

And he stated at the time that it was just too painful to be anything other than a nightmare, and he almost certainly wouldn't go, as he couldn't bear the idea of losing to them as they didn't deserve to be in existence.

I got what he meant, because this is no ordinary rivalry, MK tried to steal their identity.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I remember asking an AFC fan a few years ago about the possibility of this fixture, as it was always going to happen sometime.

And he stated at the time that it was just too painful to be anything other than a nightmare, and he almost certainly wouldn't go, as he couldn't bear the idea of losing to them as they didn't deserve to be in existence.

I got what he meant, because this is no ordinary rivalry, MK tried to steal their identity.
They *did* steal their identity, along with league position and registration. However, AFC Wimbledon did at least get their identity back when MK Mongs washed their hands of the pre-2004 history. The only thing that now remains "Wimbledon" about the Mongs is the stolen league place.

I for one would absolutely love it if AFC Wimbledon refused to play the game.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
It was a while ago and I know done wrongly, but MK have now built up some local support and are doing a good job of promoting sport in the community.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here