Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon ?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
One of my mates is a big AFCW fan. Never mind AFC fans not travelling, he reckons there is a large proportion of their support who advocate their club simply refusing to EVER play MK Dons and taking whatever punishment the FA sees fit. I can't see that happening though.

That I would like to see, depending on how harsh any punishment would be. Will never forget their support at Fans United.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Given the history I imagine AFC fans are dreading this as for years they have been trying to distance themselves from franchise FC and this just rakes it all back up. Also what if they lose?

Bit of salt in the wounds

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
AFC should refuse to play the game..

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Why does everyone think that Wimbledon are so wonderful. Yes what happened to their club was disgraceful but they let their club die and took the route of forming again rather than fight for their club. Glad we didn't have their fight when we were fighting for our club against Bellotti or Archer because we would not be playing at the Amex if we did. Now dons tin hat and awaits the bullets to be fired..

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Looks like its gonna happen, MK 3-0 up at half-time. I might try to go to the MK v Wimbledon game, given its only just up the road from me and I can't get to the Palace game. If I can get tickets I may even wear my Brighton shirt and cheer for AFC Wimbledon for the whole match.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Why does everyone think that Wimbledon are so wonderful. Yes what happened to their club was disgraceful but they let their club die and took the route of forming again rather than fight for their club. Glad we didn't have their fight when we were fighting for our club against Bellotti or Archer because we would not be playing at the Amex if we did. Now dons tin hat and awaits the bullets to be fired..

The FA let them get shafted worse than we were- we had a club if not a ground while they had both taken away.
Think the number of fans who organised and financed AFC Wimbledon is pretty similar to the amount we had at Gillingham at it's best. Good on them.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Why does everyone think that Wimbledon are so wonderful. Yes what happened to their club was disgraceful but they let their club die and took the route of forming again rather than fight for their club.

Because they're an absolute exemplar of the ideal that is real support. No matter what you do - take the club away, take the ground away, change the name, change the kit, f*** the fans royally, you absolutely cannot kill the spirit of the club inside the fans. Their club had gone. They didn't "let it die", it was already dead. They organised themselves, kept Wimbledon alive (or rather re-birthed it) and fought their way back into the league. Once Winkelman had his way, they took the only option available to them and have succeeded spectacularly.

The very best wishes of all true fans should go with them in the 2nd round. Reading some of their fans' fora, they're split on whether to attend. I'll never visit that abortion of a club because they shouldn't exist in the form they do, so can entirely empathise with any AFC supporters who skip it, but it'd be a joy to think they could go up there and turn Franchise over in front of thousands of Wimbledon fans.

Hope this one's on telly - that's a definite must-record.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

No bullets from me mate. Pretty much spot on.

Would have a bit more respect for AFC fans if they do boycott the game. Sadly they'll be plenty of day trippers who'll take an interest. I'm sure it'll be nailed on to be one of the televised games.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I know 2 Wimbledon fans who say they won't even go to the home game if it does go to a replay, as that'd still be giving MK the money.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here