Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If England played the Albion..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So Albion's slick passing game versus a game that an only really hold the ball against the lesser sides. I think at home we could give them a run for their money, Zaha or no Zaha..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
3-0 England. Wouldn't be a contest. And if England played well it could easily be five or six. As much as people say England are shit, they are at a totally different level to the Albion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd still support The Albion, though.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Commander, I'm with you on this one.

Watching the Chelsea v Liverpool game yesterday, I thought at best we could do against either side was a flukey draw, whilst defending to the death.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Commander, I'm with you on this one.

Watching the Chelsea v Liverpool game yesterday, I thought at best we could do against either side was a flukey draw, whilst defending to the death.

I know we did more than ok against Chelsea in the pre-season friendly and gave Liverpool a decent game at The Amex last season but agree we might have struggled against the way Chelsea / Liverpool played yesterday.

Equally there weren't many England players on show in yesterdays match if we are sticking to the OP's point - but then how many English players did the Albion have on the pitch at Wolves (ooops)?

It depends which England and Albion teams turn up - if England play poorly then an on-form Albion side could give them the run around, especially if that ginger t**t with the umbrella was still England manager.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
3-0 England. Wouldn't be a contest. And if England played well it could easily be five or six. As much as people say England are shit, they are at a totally different level to the Albion.

Yup. People are childish when it comes to England. They are still a top 10 team in the World. Would be an absolute battering.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Emmm....these days England struggle to put 6 past Andorra, San Marino etc. England would win, but I don't think it would be a mauling. Probably about 2-0 IMO...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
I've always reckoned any team who plays week in week out together over the national team, even you soppy lot, however with Wilf on the England you wouldn't have a chance as 'he's just too good for you...'

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I've always reckoned any team who plays week in week out together over the national team, even you soppy lot, however with Wilf on the England you wouldn't have a chance as 'he's just too good for you...'
Wouldn't it be funny if he got injured on international duty. It'd make me laugh. A lot.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If England played the Albion .......................... it would be a f***ing tedious 3-0 win to England (Oxlade-Chamberlain 43, Defoe 72,79)

att:19,423

boring

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My favourite description of England is that it is like watching someone repeatedly struggle to open a "tear here" packet before resorting to the scissors; the scissors being Andy Carroll.

My favourite description of England is that it is like watching someone repeatedly struggle to open a "tear here" packet before resorting to the scissors; the scissors being Andy Carroll.

That is depressingly close to the truth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

There was a Palace fan on the radio this morning putting Zaha 'up there with Messi and Ronaldo' (quite seriously).

He's a decent tricky winger, but honestly, its like you've all gone absolutely mental.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here