Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Wolves

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Kooshak 7 dealt with what he needed to
Bridge 6 only because he went off early
Bruno 8 looked excellent when moved into centre some quality vision and dangerous passes slid into Buckley
Dunk 6 solid enough without being inspiring
Greer 6 ditto
Lopez 5 seemed to struggle with the pace of the game and missed a guilt edge chance
Orlandi 7 again looked a threat and very composed on the ball
Dobbie 6 good penalty but not involved enough and also missed simple chance
Bridcutt 8 man of match for me showed plenty of movement and drove ball forward well
Crofts 6 unusually quiet needs to start imposing himself on games
CMS 7 great finish and tireless work for team

Subs
Calderon 6 solid enough when came on caught in possession a few times though
Buckley 8 the most clinical finisher in our side and terrified their full backs
Barnes 6 put himself about and came close to scoring.

Gus 9 tactically spot on and made positive changes that should have seen his team get 3 points

Dec 29, 2011
Bruno 8 looked excellent when moved into centre some quality vision and dangerous passes slid into Buckley
Greer 6 ditto
Lopez 5 seemed to struggle with the pace of the game and missed a guilt edge chance
Bridcutt 8 man of match for me showed plenty of movement and drove ball forward well

Subs

Gus 9 tactically spot on and made positive changes that should have seen his team get 3 points
On the radio they said Bridcutt had a lot of long shots which gave away posession easily, would you agree with this?

Also with Buckley being such a clinical finish and also very pacey, maybe we should try him upfront for a few games.

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
Kuszczak-8 solid
Bridge-6 went off early so hard to mark up or down
Dunk-7 looked good, decent distribution
Greer-5 some good blocks and decent tackles but he let a wolves player get in front of him multiple times and eventually they scored with a header which he should have done better
Bruno-8 very good attacking looked decent when he moved up to midfield
Bridcutt-6 typical bridcutt worked hard but he gave them the ball when trying to switch play and they scored from it
Crofts-5 didnt do much
Orlandi-8 good creativity and when he had the ball we were threatening
Dobbie-7 good penalty, looked better when they went down to 10 men but just wasnt quite good enough we pressured
Lopez-6 nice touches and very good link up play but he is just too slow and wasn't able to get past his man
Cms-7.5 looked disinterested for parts of the game, he made good runs but wasnt found, nice finish but wasnt an amazing performance

Subs
Calderon-7 good attacking, worked all game didn't have much to do defensively
Buckley-8 looked very threatening, great runs and good crossing would have been higher if he'd have played for longer
Barnes-7 good when he played central, got around well, needs to be a bit stronger and he was decent on the left too

Motm- between Orlandi and buckley but I'd go with orlandi

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kuszczak 6 - slow off the line for the opener but generally up to his usual standard
Bridge 6 - played well until injured. A class above
Bruno 7 - at some fault with the opener but otherwise a masterclass in attacking from the back and bossed midfield
Greer 5 - doesnt link well with Dunk. Neither boss the area
Dunk 4 - looked out of position every time they came forward.. Not a good combination so hopefully elAbd back next week
Crofts 6 - not as imposing as in his first spell with the club but still a better performance than some recently
Bridcutt 7 - a week off did him good. Commanding and came forward more than he has recently albeit into the space left by the sending off
David 5 - give him a few games to develop the links forward and he will contribute more effectively
Orlandi 7 - shows more class and has greater influence every game.
CMS 6 - less threatening when they were one short than expected. Went missing a bit for the middle third of the match
Dobbie 6 -missed the games best chances but a good penalty

Calderon 6 - did a good job as always
Buckley 6 - great finish for his goal and his pace and control worried their defence
Barnes 6 - hit the bar with a good header and unlucky to have a half chance cleared from the line

Last edited:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Bridcutt was immense today - he broke up absolutely eveything in midfield and yeah he had a couple of long range shots, but he was entitled to have a go when those chances presented themselves. I'm afraid I can't yet see what Lopez offers the team, very ordinary and no pace - can't quite work out why Buckley wasn't on from the start and hope that Hoskins starts to get some game time soon. The goals we conceded today were poor - is it just me or do we always seem more fragile at the back when Dunk plays instead of El-Abd ? (acknowledging that AEA is injured so we had no other option)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I think this personal issue with Dunk has seriously affected him as he doesn't look anything like the player he was.

Calderon is not good enough for the Championship, great at League 1 level but not good enough for this level unfortunately.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kuszczak 6
Bruno 6
Greer 6
Dunk 5
Bridge 6
Crofts 6
Bridcutt 7
David 6
Orlandi 6
Dobbie 6
CMS 6

subs
Calderon 5
Buckley 6
Barnes 5

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuszczak 6. Little to do but still conceded three.
Bruno 7. Good going forward, linked well with Lopez.
Bridge 5. Injured early.
Dunk 6. Looked rusty, not as good as El-Abd at defending but a better passer.
Greer 6. Meh.
Bridcutt 9. Awesome. By a distance our best player.
Lopez. 6. Slow and always looks to pass either (a) backwards or (b) square. He did link up well with Bruno though.
Dobbie 5. Good penalty, horrific 1 on 1 miss. Surely he's got more to offer?
Orlandi 6. Good goal line clearance, short corner expert (!)
Crofts 6. Busy but not at his best.
CMS 7. Tireless and neat finish for his goal.

Subs:
Calderon 6. Solid enough, he's not Bridge but Inigo isn't a bad replacement.
Buckley 8. Should have started, that wide pitch was made for him....was he carrying a niggle and could only be risked for 30 mins?
Barnes 6. A few robust tackles but not really seen as an attacking threat today.

Looks like I'm being quite critical with my comments, probably born of frustration in not beating a poor Wolves team. We should have won but could have lost.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Greer 6 ditto

Subs

The above will do it for me too.

I'd also add that Lopez just seems very lightweight to me and I'm also not sure what he brings to the team, although I also agree that at times he linked up quite well with Bruno. Mind you, Bruno makes it easy for anyone with even the slightest bit of vision to link up with him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Kuszczak-6 four shots on target..........three goals, but he could do little for any of them
Bridge-5 looked great, shame he only lasted 30 mins
Dunk-6 could have had a red, some good last minute tackles, lost a few balls in the air he should have won
Greer-5 not playing to the standard we expect of him. Allowed himself to be outmanoeuvred by Johnson for equaliser
Bruno-7 would be higher but dozy for first goal. Superb work for CMS's goal and a threat every time he had the ball in their half
Bridcutt-7 won a lot of balls he had no right to win, especially in the air, ATROCIOUS play for Wolves goal number 2 takes him down from a 9
Crofts-5 disappointing
Orlandi-7.5 some very impressive work, a lot of guile and craft
Dobbie-6 half a dozen chances, including a one on one, but his shooting boots were not working, drops off defenders well though
Lopez-6 good in patches
Cms-7 took goal well, chased the ball a lot, looked more threatening with Dobbie to take some pressure off him

Subs
Calderon-7 more of a winger than a full back
Buckley-8 good attacking intent, excellent finish
Barnes-7 hit the bar, threat in the air, fell over once too often

Motm- between Orlandi and buckley but I'd go with orlandi[/QUOTE]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 6
Bruno 6
Greer 5
Dunk 5
Bridge 6