Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Missed The Goal Last Night?

No.

But its a bit crap seeing the stadium about one third empty towards the end of the game, with thousands of people filtering out of the exits from the 85th minute onwards when the team are desperately trying to grab a late goal. Thats when we should all be ROARING them on, not looking at the clock and thinking "mmm, better get to that queue now or I might be half an hour late getting home".

The attendence figures are superb and the new fans are obviously welcome, but it does drive home the fact that we have a fair few customers instead of supporters.

Thanks for that.:thumbsup:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
My little boy was flagging near the end and was eager to get to the bus but there is no way we were going. When Dobbie scored and we finished jumping around in our half empty row of seats, celebrating like loons, I turned to him and said: "And that is why we NEVER leave early." He gets it now.

Great post and your son went to bed happy after sharing quality time with his dad and a magical moment for you both to share if you'd have left all that would have been missed the whole point of going to football to experience that one special moment when the ball hits the net no other feeling in life compares to when a goal is scored by your team

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
this leaving early business is pointless...

last night i stayed til the final whistle, went to the toilet, and then calmly walked to the station and got on the first train into brighton. didnt have to queue at all...

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Pointless keep going on about it too. Do you people who stay to the end have sleepless nights worrying about people who leave early. Do you wake up in the night with cold sweats. Do you sit at work all day worrying about how you can stop people leaving early. I know what you can do!
start a thread and just go and on and on about what time you get home. I leave to go to work and not because I want to be home half hour early. I find it best to let people make there own choices in life and pay the consequences of their choices. Unless you want to pay for my ST, please do not tell me how to use it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think last night was one game you would not leave early.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
At the game I was at last night I stayed in the ground for a good 20 or 30 minutes after the final whistle. Welcoming our new manager and hailing a team that is topping the table after scoring 5 goals. Thank you SO much for being a training ground for the beauty that is Glen Murray!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
At the game I was at last night I stayed in the ground for a good 20 or 30 minutes after the final whistle. Welcoming our new manager and hailing a team that is topping the table after scoring 5 goals. Thank you SO much for being a training ground for the beauty that is Glen Murray!

We know what it's like being top of the table - done it already this season. Lets see if you and the Groupon rent a crowd have the capability to stay there. Maybe, more likely not.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Have not read many posts this evening as I have been cooking!----but because I had consumed 5 x pints of the lovely 'Harveys' at 85mins I did give it large in the East Upper to the lemmings leaving to get home for their 'Horlicks' ----their loss not mine! To be honest if you are not a hardcore supporter like me, I dont blame anyone for leaving as I was ranting throughout the first half. But that is the difference between me and them! Never give up, no matter how you or the opposition are playing. Last night proved that! The 2 x pints in the Brasserie after went down like 'NECTAR' :drink::drink:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

So you also missed the goal?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Missed it !!

If I leave around 88 min it knocks 45 minutes off my journey time home. If it was a bigger game I would never leave early for a run of the mill game against rubbish opposition not fussed.

Didn't hear a roar either !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Saw the goal and walked past quite a few who must have missed it on the platforms - ha

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I did for the first time as it was dull and I had to be up early. I also have to get back to London and leaving 5 minutes earlier meant I got home at 11.30 instead of 12.30.

It also meant I had to share a train with a load of Palace fans. Karma is a bitch!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I stay to the end. I was waiting in the train queue, the BHA fan next to me had to get back to Lincs, Grantham. He was up again at 5am to drive to Derby for work. I did not bother to mention that i was up at 6am to drive to Southampton........ did not want to top him :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here