Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Missed The Goal Last Night?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
oh my lord, they missed that??? I would have flown back to the uk at the drop of hat if I could have had their ticket.
They were there they just left around the 80 min mark.
I have a little chuckle thinking about the amount of goals they missed last season, they probably think we got relegated.
I'm intrigued. Can you post pics of the Blinker Brothers?:)
Nope.

They do come across as decent people esp when reading some of the other 'my neighbour said...' stories.
It is funny though, no Brighton player has ever fouled, been off side etc, the linesman is clearly wrong when giving something against us, and so on.

I hope they just watch from somewhere else, perhaps slip into the North or something, like I said decent people and all part of the fun, so I won't be posting photos.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I really do not know who people are trying to convince on here the people who leave early or themselves that its worth staying to the end. Most matches I can stay until the end, and a few I have to leave early due to work. I missed last nights goal and yes it was a shame, but no amount of moaning on here by people is going to change anything. I have to miss the last 5 mins of a few games and that is not going to change.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
what i will never miss is a twunt who is concerned about whether someone who has no business with them leaves the game early. Anyone like that should f*** off and then f*** off some more.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I really do not know who people are trying to convince on here the people who leave early or themselves that its worth staying to the end. Most matches I can stay until the end, and a few I have to leave early due to work. I missed last nights goal and yes it was a shame, but no amount of moaning on here by people is going to change anything. I have to miss the last 5 mins of a few games and that is not going to change.

I think it makes them feel superior.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Stayed right until the end like I always do, can't understand leaving at 0-0, ok wasn't a great game but you only need once chance to score.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think it makes them feel superior.

I don't think it does. I think people are just puzzled why anyone would spend hundreds of pounds on a season ticket to not watch the most important part of the match. As I said before, you wouldn't leave a cinema 5 minutes before the film ended, so why would you leave a football match?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The talk on the train coming out of Falmer, was funny.

It seemed like a fair amount of people missed the goal, but we were all on the same train.

How does that work?

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
I don't think it does. I think people are just puzzled why anyone would spend hundreds of pounds on a season ticket to not watch the most important part of the match. As I said before, you wouldn't leave a cinema 5 minutes before the film ended, so why would you leave a football match?

Bad analogy, OK so I missed the goal but I still get to find out the result about 10 seconds after it happened and get to see the goal later that night. If there were 23 Bond films out each year and you missed the end of a few of the midweek showings but got to see the end on tv when you to home would it really be the end of the world?

I leave early when I want to avoid queuing for trains a few times a year. If I am in no rush I will stay to the end.

I still don't get why some people care if others leave early. Is there a rule against leaving early?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
They were there they just left around the 80 min mark.
I have a little chuckle thinking about the amount of goals they missed last season, they probably think we got relegated.

Nope.

They do come across as decent people esp when reading some of the other 'my neighbour said...' stories.
It is funny though, no Brighton player has ever fouled, been off side etc, the linesman is clearly wrong when giving something against us, and so on.

I hope they just watch from somewhere else, perhaps slip into the North or something, like I said decent people and all part of the fun, so I won't be posting photos.

I wasn't being serious about the pics.:jester:

Bad analogy, OK so I missed the goal but I still get to find out the result about 10 seconds after it happened and get to see the goal later that night. If there were 23 Bond films out each year and you missed the end of a few of the midweek showings but got to see the end on tv when you to home would it really be the end of the world?

I leave early when I want to avoid queuing for trains a few times a year. If I am in no rush I will stay to the end.

I still don't get why some people care if others leave early. Is there a rule against leaving early?

Yes, it's the NSC rule of Uberfanism.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
My little boy was flagging near the end and was eager to get to the bus but there is no way we were going. When Dobbie scored and we finished jumping around in our half empty row of seats, celebrating like loons, I turned to him and said: "And that is why we NEVER leave early." He gets it now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

No.

But its a bit crap seeing the stadium about one third empty towards the end of the game, with thousands of people filtering out of the exits from the 85th minute onwards when the team are desperately trying to grab a late goal. Thats when we should all be ROARING them on, not looking at the clock and thinking "mmm, better get to that queue now or I might be half an hour late getting home".

The attendence figures are superb and the new fans are obviously welcome, but it does drive home the fact that we have a fair few customers instead of supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here