Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Missed The Goal Last Night?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not me.

But the blinker brothers in front have maintained their unblemished record of missing EVERY goal scored at the Amex after 80mins.

From Doncaster through to last night.

oh my lord, they missed that??? I would have flown back to the uk at the drop of hat if I could have had their ticket.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I left on the final whistle, got a pie and a drink and still got back into Eastbourne at 22.30 - admittedly i didnt queue up for the P&R bus to Mithras House and used a normal bus from Falmer Station instead which was already waiting - will be doing that a lot more often in the future !!!

I hope last night punished those early leavers, would like to think they would stay to the end against Bolton but that wont probably happen.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Truly shameful. I just don't get it. If you go to a football match, you go to watch the game. I can't see any reason to leave early except for the birth of a child. But just to get home half an hour earlier? Whats the point?

In my defence I didn't want to leave early and never usually do. I was just worried that my son's snoring would annoy everyone else. I live in Coldean so walk to and from games, leaving early makes very little difference to my journey.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was actually amazed at 82 minutes looking across at the West Stand to see so many people leaving....that was a full 12 minutes till the whistle went.......I know it is people's own choice, but really? That early?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was bizarre considering we were absolutely bombarding their box. I have to admit at 90mins I had my head in my hands and had accepted it wasn't going to happen though.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've never understood leaving early, especially when it's a draw or there is one goal in it

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I never leave before the end never have never will !

Truly shameful. I just don't get it. If you go to a football match, you go to watch the game. I can't see any reason to leave early except for the birth of a child. But just to get home half an hour earlier? Whats the point?

None whatsoever, thank you for pointing out my shame. I will in future not attend any further games as to avoid bringing shame upon myself, my family, BHA and every single one of it's fans and employees.

I'm sure that the club will not mind in the slightest losing the revenue of my, and any other fan who leaves early, copious drinking before the game and at half time as they will look at the "shame V lost revenue balance" and decide it to be worthwhile.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Over 600 games and never left early. Short of a medical or family emergency, I have yet to hear a good reason to leave early...

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
I didn't miss the goal but had to laugh at this, a guy walked out as the extra minutes were called out by the announcer and muttered "we wouldn't score in another 80 minutes, i'm off"...............I wonder if he heard the roar from outside the ground? You have to stay to the final whistle, well done Dobbie!

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
The bloke behind me who does nothing but moan, non stop, for 90 minutes, (or in this case 85 mins). Made the goal that little bit more satisfying knowing he missed it.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

Not really that bothered what you think! Its my money my time and my ticket. It was 90 minutes and to be fair i'd seen enough. So I missed a goal, ive seen many others in the years of following the Albion so I wasn't going to loose any sleep over it. Will just drive more in the future to night games. If its any consolation for you and I felt shame for all of two seconds last night....................

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I really don't care when I get home. I go to see a football match so watch it all.
I'm looking forward to the Bolton game to ask the guy who sits in front of me if he enjoyed Dobbie's goal (he left at 88 mins).

LOL. Totally agree. Loads near me went early, so funny they missed the goal. Transport was very good last night. Clapped team off, met my friends then strolled down to the station. Got the 10.03 train to Polegate, was home by 10.30!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not me.

But the blinker brothers in front have maintained their unblemished record of missing EVERY goal scored at the Amex after 80mins.

From Doncaster through to last night.

I'm intrigued. Can you post pics of the Blinker Brothers?:)

I am lucky as we leave by coach. I can only recall leaving a match early twice. When we were beaten by Oxford in the cup, 3-0 (we were in the top division) and the Stoke stuffing at home. Last day of the season.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
I always stay to the end.. Have no problem with early leavers, just hate pie eaters who go anytime in first half to make people move and they look like 1 more pie will make them explode...

Did enjoy texting my mate haha u missed the goal,
who leaves 85 min every game, jumps down stairs and turbo walks to falmer station.. He got home 30mins before me what's the point

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I was on a coach last night, so had no problem staying to the end. Imagine my surprise when I got back find someone on the coach had left on 88 mins and missed the goal. To rub salt into his wounds, we were one of the last coaches to depart the Amex so he could have seen the goal, and had a pie and pint before heading for the coach park.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Bloke who sits next to me spends, generally, 87-plus minutes moaning (though I've heard him have a pop in the first 10 seconds) and consistently leaves about 3 minutes early. He's missed the Buckley winner against Doncaster, the Buckley winner against Forest and last night's, just to think of three off the top of my head. I simply don't understand what he gets out of the evening, but every time he misses a late winner it cheers me up just that little bit extra on top of the goal going in, frankly.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
A couple of my mates left on 88 mins last night. We have a laugh with some people in front and we made the bloke in front come back and take one of the vacated seats because it might be lucky.

We are considering a permanent swap.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here