Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Missed The Goal Last Night?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Come on & be honest, did you leave early, getting an early beer or were asleep & missed the goal?

Am going to OUT Ringmer Seagull, who always leaves early.

Must have been 1/3 of the East Stand too!
Me, and the joke of of it is I didnt get back to Wivelsfield until 2253 having left the stadium at 2128:facepalm:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If you were standing in the train queue last night when the goal went in what did the noise sound like I've always wondered what it would sound like from outside the stadium and did you feel gutted that you missed the most exciting joy relief rapturous emotion that I felt when Dobbie hit the back of the net

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Not me.
Have never missed a goal since the Amex opened. (Touch concrete)
As soon as I see the physio run on I time my toilet run to perfection.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
If you were standing in the train queue last night when the goal went in what did the noise sound like I've always wondered what it would sound like from outside the stadium and did you feel gutted that you missed the most exciting joy relief rapturous emotion that I felt when Dobbie hit the back of the net

I'm gutted I missed it, just didn't see it coming. Was on the platform when it went in and strangely I didn't hear the noise at all. Just some bloke listening on his radio shouted it out.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Come on & be honest, did you leave early, getting an early beer or were asleep & missed the goal?

Am going to OUT Ringmer Seagull, who always leaves early.

Must have been 1/3 of the East Stand too!

I have this feeling that everyone thinks its the East stand that leaves early. The west stand clears on the 85th min. How could you know that.if you sit in the upper,there is no way you can see the lower, same if you sit in the lower,how can you see the upper. As for the north just look at the video clip of the goal on here and it speaks for it self. I saw people leaving in large numbers from both West and north last night and yes the east. My moan is the people who start on 35mins going for their pies.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
My son fell asleep and I had to literally drag him out the ground. Heard the roar (and yes it was a roar!), as we were walking up the ramp to get the bus outside the station.

I am still livid with him and I haven't yet decided if he will be fed for the rest of the week.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nope. Saw all the action, left on the final whistle, quick jog to the station and back in North West London by 23.40 as usual. Even had time for a pint at Brighton station. Still don't understand the early leavers.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I missed it as I wasn't there ... but even if I had been I'd have missed it as now leave on 88 mins

Only one I missed while there was Forest last year ... walking up to P&R and what was really bad was not actually knowing if it was us or them that had scored ... wouldn't have been a prob last night!

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Seat in the WSU. I never leave before the final whistle. Both last Friday and last night, I jogged straight onto the platform after the whistle without any queuing, onto an 8 carriage non stop train to Brighton. And I am no spring chicken!! What's the problem??
What a relief that goal was! Dobbie to start.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
people in front of me missed it. I said to them as they were leaving 'you're gonna miss the goal'

hahahahaha

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Nope. Saw all the action, left on the final whistle, quick jog to the station and back in North West London by 23.40 as usual. Even had time for a pint at Brighton station. Still don't understand the early leavers.

Similar here. Left on the final whistle, applauded the players off the pitch, gentle stroll to the University Car Park, and back in South West London by 23:05. Will never understand the early leavers.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
My son fell asleep and I had to literally drag him out the ground. Heard the roar (and yes it was a roar!), as we were walking up the ramp to get the bus outside the station.

I am still livid with him and I haven't yet decided if he will be fed for the rest of the week.

Sell him.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Similar here. Left on the final whistle, applauded the players off the pitch, gentle stroll to the University Car Park, and back in South West London by 23:05. Will never understand the early leavers.

I don't really get the 'but I have children' argument either. If I was taking kids to the game then they'd know what time we were going to get home and what the situation was, and if that wasn't OK then I wouldn't take them, I'd just take them to Saturday games until they were old enough. Why go to a game and not watch it all? Football is one of the few sports that can be decided at the very last second, so why on earth would you want to risk missing it? I'd rather not go to the game in the first place than go and leave on 85 minutes. It's a different story if we're 3-0 up or 3-0 down, but at 0-0? I just cant comprehend it. You wouldn't leave a cinema or a theatre 5 minutes before the end, so why would you leave a football match?

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
So, in the vein of we can see you sneaking out...

"Where were you when Dobbie scored? Where were you when Dobbie scored?"

Anyway, I saw it and was back in Brighton at about 10:15-20(?) despite slight train delay - I used to drive to Villa park a bit when I lived in Birmingham and would be stuck in traffic outside the ground for longer than that.

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003

Thanks, this made me laugh...a good start to Weds ;-)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here