Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Missed The Goal Last Night?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Watching the scores go through on Sky Sports,and saw the score on the right flick to 1 -0 Brighton before the scorer came up below.

Dobbie ! Bloody Dobbie !!

I had 0-0,1-0,Barnes.

Hellfire.I could have used £25 to tip my butler.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nope. Saw all the action, left on the final whistle, quick jog to the station and back in North West London by 23.40 as usual. Even had time for a pint at Brighton station. Still don't understand the early leavers.

Quite, we were home in Bexhill at 10:45 last night and 10:50 last Friday night, the Lewes trains/platform staff organisation does seem to have improved recently. Getting home just over an hour after the final whistle is more than acceptable for me.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I really don't care when I get home. I go to see a football match so watch it all.
I'm looking forward to the Bolton game to ask the guy who sits in front of me if he enjoyed Dobbie's goal (he left at 88 mins).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't really get the 'but I have children' argument either. If I was taking kids to the game then they'd know what time we were going to get home and what the situation was, and if that wasn't OK then I wouldn't take them, I'd just take them to Saturday games until they were old enough. Why go to a game and not watch it all? Football is one of the few sports that can be decided at the very last second, so why on earth would you want to risk missing it? I'd rather not go to the game in the first place than go and leave on 85 minutes. It's a different story if we're 3-0 up or 3-0 down, but at 0-0? I just cant comprehend it. You wouldn't leave a cinema or a theatre 5 minutes before the end, so why would you leave a football match?

Last night was a good experience transport wise. The lad and I, waited (east lower) until the final whistle, jogged to car in Bennett's Field, arrived home, 70 miles away, at 11.03*

*to very disapproving looks from my wife, and an interrogation over how it was 'possible to have driven back that quick...'

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not me.

But the blinker brothers in front have maintained their unblemished record of missing EVERY goal scored at the Amex after 80mins.

From Doncaster through to last night.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My son fell asleep and I had to literally drag him out the ground. Heard the roar (and yes it was a roar!), as we were walking up the ramp to get the bus outside the station.

I am still livid with him and I haven't yet decided if he will be fed for the rest of the week.

Bread & water should suffice.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You'd best pop to the local for a quick pint next time.

Ha. I did actually consider pulling over, just round the corner and waiting for a few minutes, but I think my lad would have dropped me in it!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Quite, we were home in Bexhill at 10:45 last night and 10:50 last Friday night, the Lewes trains/platform staff organisation does seem to have improved recently. Getting home just over an hour after the final whistle is more than acceptable for me.

No it hasn't, they let a 3/4 train go to Brighton 3/4 full even though all trains were delayed.. They have learnt nothing..

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When the injury time was shown, quite a few people around me got up and left.

They seem to have widened the queue for the brighton bound side of the train station, which I'm sure is great for those queuing, but for those of us walking through to the bridge car park/moulsecoomb, it almost bought us to a stand still as the crowd bottlenecked.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
If you were standing in the train queue last night when the goal went in what did the noise sound like I've always wondered what it would sound like from outside the stadium and did you feel gutted that you missed the most exciting joy relief rapturous emotion that I felt when Dobbie hit the back of the net

I left on 90 as had to get home as had to be up at 0400 to get to work. On the platform and did not hear a thing! Young kid next to me was spouting Dobbie had scored but didn't believe him until i got home and switched on Sky Sports News. that will teach me won't it!

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
i missed goal.then again im in rome where its warm and sunny.however i never leave early when im there even if i have to go straight into a 12hour night shift afterwoods.and glad people who leave 15/20 mins early missed a winner

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Me, and the joke of of it is I didnt get back to Wivelsfield until 2253 having left the stadium at 2128:facepalm:

Yep, me too. Gutted.

I'm gutted I missed it, just didn't see it coming. Was on the platform when it went in and strangely I didn't hear the noise at all. Just some bloke listening on his radio shouted it out.

My son fell asleep and I had to literally drag him out the ground. Heard the roar (and yes it was a roar!), as we were walking up the ramp to get the bus outside the station.

I am still livid with him and I haven't yet decided if he will be fed for the rest of the week.

I left on 90 as had to get home as had to be up at 0400 to get to work. On the platform and did not hear a thing! Young kid next to me was spouting Dobbie had scored but didn't believe him until i got home and switched on Sky Sports News. that will teach me won't it!

Truly shameful. I just don't get it. If you go to a football match, you go to watch the game. I can't see any reason to leave early except for the birth of a child. But just to get home half an hour earlier? Whats the point?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I wish the blokes behind me would leave early. Could do with a couple of minutes break from their incessant moaning - last night's whipping boy (2nd match running) was Greer, who, if you believe them, must be the bastard love child of Ashley Neal and Stuart Tuck.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here