Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings- Peterborough (H)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Kuszczak-7.5-Not much to do, distribution still a bit suspect at times
Bruno-8-Good going forward but still gave the ball away once or twice
Greer-6-One good long ball to CMS followed by lots of very poor aimless ones, whether he's being instructed to do it I don't know but if he is he needs to work on it in training
Dunk-8.5-Very,very good in my opinion. Whenever Posh tried to catch us on the break was always there to cover for both fullbacks. Deserves to stay in the starting 11
Bridge-8.5-Good going forward, had little to deal with at the back and had some decent shots
Hammond-6-Still unconvinced by him. Seems to bottle tackles and always plays it backwards or sideways instead of trying to push forward
Orlandi-9 MOTM- Looks a constant menace, shame he doesn't have a bit more pace but was very unlucky with one of his shots in the 2nd half which cannoned off the post
Crofts-7.5-Gets stuck in when needed
Buckley-7.5-Beats his man a lot but he needs to work on his decision making a bit more
Barnes-8.5-Very good at winning the ball back, first touch still lets him down occasionally
CMS-7-Didn't come alive in the box and spurned a few decent chances

Subs: Dobbie-8.5-Great finish, looks much sharper and fitter
Hoskins-7.5-Looked to be making better runs than CMS
Lopez-NA

All in all, pleased with the 2nd half display but for all the crosses we put in, we need more people willing to gamble to get on the end of them. I think Dobbie playing as an attacking midfielder would give us the option of cutting it back to him as he doesn't seem afraid to shoot from outside the area.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed except would mark CMS and Bruno down, both had poor games, everyone was laughing when Bruno got MoM.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agreed except would mark CMS and Bruno down, both had poor games, everyone was laughing when Bruno got MoM.

You're possibly right. Bruno definitely didn't deserve man of the match but I couldn't help thinking, as I said, if some players had been gambling one of his crosses could have resulted in a goal.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Greer-6-One good long ball to CMS followed by lots of very poor aimless ones, whether he's being instructed to do it I don't know but if he is he needs to work on it in training
Dunk-8.5-Very,very good in my opinion. Whenever Posh tried to catch us on the break was always there to cover for both fullbacks. Deserves to stay in the starting 11
Bridge-8.5-Good going forward, had little to deal with at the back and had some decent shots
Hammond-6-Still unconvinced by him. Seems to bottle tackles and always plays it backwards or sideways instead of trying to push forward
Orlandi-9 MOTM- Looks a constant menace, shame he doesn't have a bit more pace but was very unlucky with one of his shots in the 2nd half which cannoned off the post
Buckley-7.5-Beats his man a lot but he needs to work on his decision making a bit more
Barnes-8.5-Very good at winning the ball back, first touch still lets him down occasionally

Lopez-NA

All in all, pleased with the 2nd half display but for all the crosses we put in, we need more people willing to gamble to get on the end of them. I think Dobbie playing as an attacking midfielder would give us the option of cutting it back to him as he doesn't seem afraid to shoot from outside the area.

You rate very highly

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Kuszczak 8
Bruno-8-
Greer-6-
Dunk-7.5-
Bridge-7.5
Hammond-5
Orlandi-8
Crofts-7
Buckley-8
Barnes-8
CMS-5

Subs: Dobbie-8.5
Hoskins-7.5
Lopez-

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kuzszack - 7, quiet game but did everything he has to do well
Bruno - 7
Greer 6
Dunk 7
Bridge 7
Hammond 6
Crofts 6
Orlandi 6
Buckley 8 - MOM
Barnes 7
CMS 6

Subs

Dobbie 8 - showed real quality for half an hour
Hoskins - looked sharp, not long enough to rate
Lopez, not long enough.

Deserved win even if we did leave it late.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Orlandi was IMMENSE tonight

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I thought Orlandi had a great first half but tired second. I like the fact he is taking a more central role at the moment, it seems to be working.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Lopez-NA

Agree with most of these but, same as Mellotron, Bruno ludicrously lax in posession and overall very poor plus CMS just never looks like scoring vs. P'boro...

Thought Barnes was absolutely superb tonight and Dobbie too.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Seems that by a few of the ratings so far Orlandi is starting to hit some form. I thought he was superb against Leeds too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Kuszczak 7 Not much to do
Bruno-7 Strange choice for MoM. Was a threat in the 2nd half but some of his passing early on was woeful
Greer 6 Not much to do defensively but really should lay off the hopeful long balls
Dunk 7 Solid
Bridge 8 Always threatening going forward and wasn't fazed by any attackers
Hammond 6 Broke up play well but I thought he was acquired as an attacking threat, no sign of that
Orlandi 8 At the heart of everything until he faded a bit towards the end. My MoM
Crofts 6 Worked hard, covered a lot of ground but never a threat
Buckley 7 Got into space a couple of times but wasn't the threat he was against Leeds.
Barnes 8 Terrific game in the second half. The goal came from some good work by him but he was a constant attacking threat
CMS 5 Barn door time

Subs
Dobbie 8 Excellent. Best I've seen him, always involved
Hoskins 7 Lack of match fitness showed but there were some good touches
Davide N/A

Subs: Dobbie-8.5
Hoskins-7.5
Lopez-

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Bridge was my man of the match by a mile, brilliant defending and great going forward with a few dangerous shots, top class player.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Kuszczak 7
Bruno-7
Greer-5
Dunk-6
Bridge-7
Hammond-4
Orlandi-7
Crofts-6
Buckley-8
Barnes-5
CMS-4

Subs: Dobbie-7
Hoskins-6
Lopez- x

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Hammond reminded me of Harley tonight....SHITE. Fridays game was far better even though we drew, tonight was insipid to say the least... but 3 points is 3 points i suppose UTA

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuschak 6
Bruno 7
Bridge 8
Greer 5
Dunk 6
Hammond 6 - chuckled in the second half when Boro surrounded him and he was forced to go forward!
Crofts 6
Orlandi 7
Buckley 7
Barnes 8
CMS 5

Dobbie 7
Hoskins 6
Lopez 6

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Considering the goal was close to the last kick of the game the marks seem to be blue tinted glasses high - too many wasted crosses/corners we either need somebody to make the right runs or somebody to make the right cross

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here