Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace top of the Championship thread

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Totally deluded. Buckleys was far more of a dive.

Zaha will go for an 8 figure sum, FACT

Come on if you're taking me seriously there you really are too easy to catch...!

Second point i'm deadly serious though. I'M DELUDED???!?! Anyone on this board will tell you Zaha clearly dives for you pen vs us and Buckley didn't dive as he was nudged buteither were pens. Zaha has been booked several times for diving - FACT. Buckley never has - FACT. Therefore I'm right and you're wrong and therefore you're deluded?!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I heard they parked the bus and almost got away with it! Fair play to keep on going and grinding out the win.

Have to say Ipswich were very much in it for the first 20 minutes but then fell apart. Considering they are classed as a decent footballing team, for us to 69% possession is impressive.

You say Posh were awful, have you seen Blackburn yet? - Absolutely shocking. Ipswich were far better but got spanked.

That isn't fair really, they didn't offer much in the final third but they came here with a 4-4-2 formation and didn't play with any fear. They kept the ball nicely and worked it forward nicely but they lack Championship level talent. Have you played them yet?

To get 69% posession against anyone at this level is good going. Much as I'd love to continue the trend of Brighton fans slagging Palace off as often as possible, the fact is you're doing very well at the moment. Good manager coming in, billion pound man (had to!) on the wing and scoring goals all over the place. It just stirs up the hate for Palace even further! Bring on the 1st.

No, we haven't got Blackburn at the Amex until late in the season, and we play them at Ewood Park just before Christmas. Unfortunately, I know a few Blackburn fans living around Brighton, so my limited finances are being spent on petrol with them up to Ewood so I don't get to nip along to Palace on the 1st.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Come on if you're taking me seriously there you really are too easy to catch...!

Second point i'm deadly serious though. I'M DELUDED???!?! Anyone on this board will tell you Zaha clearly dives for you pen vs us and Buckley didn't dive as he was nudged buteither were pens. Zaha has been booked several times for diving - FACT. Buckley never has - FACT. Therefore I'm right and you're wrong and therefore you're deluded?!

No, no you're not. He dived. Big time. It was like a f***ing swan dive at a concert.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Zaha has been booked INCORRECTLY for diving. Twice this season I believe, upon watching replays they were stonewall penalties missed by shit referees.

Buckley dived against us. It was pathetic, I was right in front of it and it was embarrassing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, no you're not. He dived. Big time. It was like a f***ing swan dive at a concert.

Right ho. Maybe go back to BBS if you're not gonna listen to facts - like Zaha bring booked for diving a lot etc.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh look, it's Capt. Bet Bottler back again.

Oh do f*** off , how many times are you going to repeat that inaccuracy ? Read the original f***ing thread , which I've suggested more than once and you'll find the bet was taken up by me but I didn't get a response. I'm not a f***ing welcher like [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] even though it looks like Palace will stay up this season and my £50 will be going to the GTF.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Zaha has been booked INCORRECTLY for diving. Twice this season I believe, upon watching replays they were stonewall penalties missed by shit referees.

Buckley dived against us. It was pathetic, I was right in front of it and it was embarrassing.

Oh no not another one?! Buckley was nudged / touched - Zaha wasn't at all and dived - massive difference. If you can't admit those 2 facts you're deluded. I've seen Zaha dive loads of times since then - and unfortunately CON the refs. I've not even seen the ones he was booked for -but the mustve been bad given his track record. I certainly won't take your rose tinted view as anything to go on 0- he's a proven cheat.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You realise neither penalty was on Murray?

Last night BBC text commentary said it was Muzza who went down for the 2nd pen but they got it wrong. My post was about their antics since the start of the season. Muzza has had a reputation for falling over in the box ever since he was at Carlisle United , Zaha goes down thinking a player has made contact when in fact it's a gust of wind knocking him off balance.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Last night BBC text commentary said it was Muzza who went down for the 2nd pen but they got it wrong. My post was about their antics since the start of the season. Muzza has had a reputation for falling over in the box ever since he was at Carlisle United , Zaha goes down thinking a player has made contact when in fact it's a gust of wind knocking him off balance.

Ok. So going by that theory then you don't deserve be in this league on merit as Muzza used to play/cheat for you :thumbsup:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Like Zaha, he goes down easily after a challenge. That's not a dive, there IS a foul in the buildup of all our penalties, that they cleverly make the most of.

Anyway, this isn't the "Palace are only the best team in the Championship because they cheat" thread.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Like Zaha, he goes down easily after a challenge. That's not a dive, there IS a foul in the buildup of all our penalties, that they cleverly make the most of.

Anyway, this isn't the "Palace are only the best team in the Championship because they cheat" thread.

I've seen Muzza win loads of dodgy pens playing for us , some where there is minimal contact and he could still stay on his feet and score and lots more where he has simulated contact.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I hope our time has come i'v not seen palace play this well since the wright and bright days our two wingers and Murray are outstanding , our centre midfielders are among the best in the league and you don't need to tell the Brighton fans how good Murray is when he wants it
We now got one of the best managers in the league who will love working with our style of play plus new players will be available in January if we need them
Promotion is well with in our means this season if we can keep our feet on the ground and our star player fit
It's a good time to be a palace fan

Enjoy it while it lasts.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Oh do f*** off , how many times are you going to repeat that inaccuracy ? Read the original f***ing thread , which I've suggested more than once and you'll find the bet was taken up by me but I didn't get a response. I'm not a f***ing welcher like [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] even though it looks like Palace will stay up this season and my £50 will be going to the GTF.
Bullshit.

You bottled it, it caused Bozza to have to take up the bet through the @NorthStandChat account on Twitter with me instead.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you think the only reason we are top is because of penalties then i'm afriad you're in for a very rude awakening. What about the other 3 sublime goals we scored last night? Or the beautiful Murray header at the weekend? Or Zaha's 2 world class goals agaisn't Wolves?
One of which was a blatant hand-ball.

your boring/negative football and a lucky last minute win agaisnt one of the worse sides in the division
:lolol: you're such a troll. We had about 20 shots, 9 on target, so why is it lucky that we finally scored? You claim we're negative because we play Bridcut, Hammond and Crofts together, but I think they've only started together once. You're so blinded by your bias you come across as completely clueless.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
One of which was a blatant hand-ball.

:lolol: you're such a troll. We had about 20 shots, 9 on target, so why is it lucky that we finally scored? You claim we're negative because we play Bridcut, Hammond and Crofts together, but I think they've only started together once. You're so blinded by your bias you come across as completely clueless.

Pot, Kettle, Black :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Totally deluded. Buckley's was far more of a dive.
You're the deluded one. Buckley's ankle was clipped, whereas Zaha's legs weren't touched at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here