Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace top of the Championship thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
you can make all the chances in the world and like against Leeds which i watched you are good in midfield but look dodgy in the boxes you remind me of Liverpool loads of chances not many goals

Are you completely stupid?

What part of "and the luck goes with us" don't you understand? Yes we created a lot of chances last night, and against Leeds, and yes the first half last night was poor. BUT if the deflections had gone the other way, or we hadn't hit the post, it could have been a completely different story. A bit like in your games, if Zaha's diving hadn't resulted in penalties, your results could have been different.

The original point I was making was to look on the flip side of the doom-bringers, contemplating the game IF we played like we did in the first half last night. I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to wade in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How often have you seen him play, serious question? He is IMMENSE

In all seriousness I saw him a few times last season and he was one of the worst FOOTBALLERS i've seen at this level. By all accounts he';s improved a lot this yr. Nowhere nr Bridcutt's quality though, i'm sure.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
No suprise Zaha cheated (again). Strange the amount of pens you've had eh? Oh there's one common denominator...

I don't deny Zaha is a good player - a cut above most players on the pitch, but he spoils it by constantly cheating - we used to openly admit Murray used to go down like a sack of shit - same with Leon Knight - your fans can't seem to admit you have a full on diving cheat on your hands tho - maybe when he goes to Bolton in Jan you will admit this?

Sorry Sheebo, you are talking out of your backside. The reason we are getting alot of pens is we have exciting, attacking players who run at defences, and in all honesty, the defenders crap themselves. You are basing your constant "Zaha is a cheat" theory on one incident you saw between our sides at Selhurst last season.

Therefore, in summary, Buckley is a cheat.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
BR, like you, I am a bit long in the tooth and have seen Palace teams clutch defeat out of the jaws of victory too many times. But do you not think that this time we are the ''real deal''? I know you have built up a bit of a reputation with our 'weedy' friends as being a bit of an all round good egg but surely even you can see and have the confidence to state it on here that this time it's going to happen?!

Oh, just to cheer up the locals seeing as you are so obsessed with attendances, the crowd was announced as 15,500 odd! But even that is a 2000 or so increase in mid-week attendances previously! :thumbsup: Just remember, my Brighton friends, attendances (or the lack of them) will not stop us claiming our rightful slot as Champions!!

I hope our time has come i'v not seen palace play this well since the wright and bright days our two wingers and Murray are outstanding , our centre midfielders are among the best in the league and you don't need to tell the Brighton fans how good Murray is when he wants it
We now got one of the best managers in the league who will love working with our style of play plus new players will be available in January if we need them
Promotion is well with in our means this season if we can keep our feet on the ground and our star player fit
It's a good time to be a palace fan

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who the hell is FFS? This is a forum for adults i'm afraid..

No suprise it was Zaha and Murray who won the pens (again) - Literally predicted that - Two of the biggest divers in the division :thumbsup:

Fair play to Palace tho, you can't deny they've done well with a v poor squad on paper. Will be interesting to see if they can last the pace now and stay up. I wonder how much they're paying per penno? This no doubt helps but maybe the businesses and services who were paid 1p in the £ are getting a bit annoyed that they lost £1000s and now the refs are getting it this

You know sod all about our squad clearly by the drivel you post on here,sour grapes mate.
Squads are not made up on paper or do 15,000 odd stop you getting promoted(See Blackpool Bradford Pompey etc)
That's about where we are as a club we don't claim to be massive like you deluded fools our gates are on the up our away support this year is right up there too.
I just hope you lot keep underestimating us like last year and at the beginning of this season,I honestly am expecting the bubble to burst but if you can't enjoy football and form like ours at the moment then why bother.
10 weeks from rock bottom too top(beatenBoltonWolves Charlton Leicester away)
Beaten (Cardiff Blackburn Burnley Ipswich Sheff weds )and drew with Barnsley Millwall and forest we should of won all 3 of those draws.
Not one match on our run have we not deserved to win.
But it's a long game this Championship if we are top 6 in January I fancy us to go up.

You're waaay to easy to catch it's just boring now. I know a squad on paper means f*** all if it's not gelling and playing as a team - look at Ips last night - players like Chopra are a lot bigger names than any of your team. You really are boring me tho, I think most of you need to google bbs and go and get excited over there. Couldn't give a f*** about your result last night - only the Albions. Now off you go...

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
In all seriousness I saw him a few times last season and he was one of the worst FOOTBALLERS i've seen at this level. By all accounts he';s improved a lot this yr. Nowhere nr Bridcutt's quality though, i'm sure.

Jedi is one of, if not the best defensive midfielder in the division. Lets park the bus on this one and revisit it again on December 2nd.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
PENS PENS PENS PENS PENS 3 PENS IN 11 MINS LAST NIGHT...BUBBLE WILL BURST WHEN THEY DONT GET THAT BIT OF LUCK/HELP FROM THE REFS

1ST DECEMBER CANT COME SOON ENOUGH

Were commingggg for yooouuuu
Were commminngggg forr youuuuuuuuuu

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Winifred and Muzza would have won gold at the Olympics , Daley is a complete amateur compared to them.
Oh look, it's Capt. Bet Bottler back again.

You realise neither penalty was on Murray?

In fact, the most certain penalty in the game was on Murray, just before the defender took out Garvan for the 3rd penalty.

There is a reason we get penalties. We have 4 very fast players. All 4 are down the wings with Parr and Wilf on the left, and Ward and Bolasie on the right. For all the plaudits that Zaha gets, Bolasie and Ward have been excellent and setting up a lot of chances.

As for the person saying Jedinak is nothing, I suggest you watch a Palace game. He's our player of the season for me.

Keep underestimating us like every other team has. I've thought we'd lose against Millwall, then against Barnsley, Leicester, Blackburn and Ipswich, yet they keep proving us wrong. The 3 games in this run that we've drawn, we should've won.

We were poor in the first half yesterday, but scrapped it out against an up-for-it Ipswich team and went in 1-0 up. We destroyed them in the 2nd half, and I won £175 on a scorecast of Bolasie/5-0. So, all in all, i'm very happy.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
You're waaay to easy to catch it's just boring now. I know a squad on paper means f*** all if it's not gelling and playing as a team - look at Ips last night - players like Chopra are a lot bigger names than any of your team. You really are boring me tho, I think most of you need to google bbs and go and get excited over there. Couldn't give a f*** about your result last night - only the Albions. Now off you go...

Jesus wept.................

"Sheebo in moody rant shocker"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry Sheebo, you are talking out of your backside. The reason we are getting alot of pens is we have exciting, attacking players who run at defences, and in all honesty, the defenders crap themselves. You are basing your constant "Zaha is a cheat" theory on one incident you saw between our sides at Selhurst last season.

Therefore, in summary, Buckley is a cheat.

Sorry Brighton_haha, you are talking out of your backside. Buckley didn't dive at Selhurst. It wasn't a clear pen (altho compared to the one you got it was a nailed on pen) atall but Buckley was hit and knocked down. Zaha dived and cheated and won you a goal that maybe stopped you from losing (you do seem to get a lot of this - see Ambrose's offside winner at the Amex). I've also constantly witnessed Zaha dive and cheat to win pens since. He's been booked a few times for diving too. Buckley never has dived to my knowledge. The two are uncomparable. You will admit this when he goes to Bolton for the £3mil you're after in Jan...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jedi is one of, if not the best defensive midfielder in the division. Lets park the bus on this one and revisit it again on December 2nd.

Yes - but not as good as Bridcutt. Your own fans were saying he was SHIT last season - short memories you lot. Also gforgetting how f***ed your finances are and your amateurish chairman. The bubble will burst sooner or later and you'll all wake up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jesus wept.................

"Sheebo in moody rant shocker"

lol your little keyboard mate there doesn't realise we know eachother tho Mr HaBlah... And no nothing moody, just laughable the amount of goons coming on our forum for first time in 18 months.. oh 2nd time sorry...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh look, it's Capt. Bet Bottler back again.

You realise neither penalty was on Murray?

In fact, the most certain penalty in the game was on Murray, just before the defender took out Garvan for the 3rd penalty.

There is a reason we get penalties. We have 4 very fast players. All 4 are down the wings with Parr and Wilf on the left, and Ward and Bolasie on the right. For all the plaudits that Zaha gets, Bolasie and Ward have been excellent and setting up a lot of chances.

As for the person saying Jedinak is nothing, I suggest you watch a Palace game. He's our player of the season for me.

Keep underestimating us like every other team has. I've thought we'd lose against Millwall, then against Barnsley, Leicester, Blackburn and Ipswich, yet they keep proving us wrong. The 3 games in this run that we've drawn, we should've won.

We were poor in the first half yesterday, but scrapped it out against an up-for-it Ipswich team and went in 1-0 up. We destroyed them in the 2nd half, and I won £175 on a scorecast of Bolasie/5-0. So, all in all, i'm very happy.

Murray's dives are after a touch so 'clever' if it's for you - annoyingly cheaty if against you (we've watched him for 3 yrs doing it - well one yr really when he could be arsed as you're already seeing - hence not worth the 11k a wk). Zaha on the other hand is a complete no contact diver - the ultimate cheat. In the prem he's going to make the MOTD headlines a few times.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Here we go, top of the league and you're giving it all that.

Speroni best keeper ? I can name 4/5 he's not better than.

Jedinak best defensive midfielder? :lolol:

I can't wait to rub it in again when you're below us :D

1. No you can't. I could see a claim for Schmeichel, nobody else.
2. Jedinak is, by far, the best defensive midfielder I've ever seen at Palace. He's incredible. We've played against all of the teams in the top 4 so far and Jedinak has absolutely ran the show in every game we've played. Leicester fans said he was the best midfielder they had ever seen in the Championship. Blackburn fans said the same thing. Some quotes from their forum:
"You were too good today in the midfield, Jedinak and Dikgacoi are two quality central midfielders, two great powerhouses can pass well and can tackle, just too strong for our midfield especially in the first half. We all knew Zaha was a danger, but we saw the likes of Tom Ince and Albert Adomah at the King Power this season already, but Zaha was by far the best and most dangerous, Bolasie as well was quality, great skill and pace.
From what I saw today, I think you will be up there challenging"

"Great player is Jedinak probably the best midfielder, to come to the King Power this season."

"I liked the look of Jedinak very imposing central midfielder certainly bossed us."

"Palace are the best team I've seen this season, except for us obviously. Thought Zaha and Bolasie on the wings were great, whilst Jedinak was a monster in the centre of midfield."

"Jedinak and Dikgacoi were just too good, too powerful for our little midfield"

I don't know if we'll be below you again this season. It's possible, but I very much doubt that you'll finish ahead of us. Our strike force is just too good for this division.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I completely agree.

He's a great player - I understand that. He's got a lot better since your OTT £7mil valuation a yr ago tho. He is however an undoubted cheat. I don't like cheats. Leon Knight was a cheat and it was embarrassing at times.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Sorry Brighton_haha, you are talking out of your backside. Buckley didn't dive at Selhurst. It wasn't a clear pen (altho compared to the one you got it was a nailed on pen) atall but Buckley was hit and knocked down. Zaha dived and cheated and won you a goal that maybe stopped you from losing (you do seem to get a lot of this - see Ambrose's offside winner at the Amex). I've also constantly witnessed Zaha dive and cheat to win pens since. He's been booked a few times for diving too. Buckley never has dived to my knowledge. The two are uncomparable. You will admit this when he goes to Bolton for the £3mil you're after in Jan...

Totally deluded. Buckley's was far more of a dive.

Zaha will go for an 8 figure sum, FACT

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here