Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace top of the Championship thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dives? Zaha knocked it on a bit to far I'll grant you that, a debatable one.
The FFS one, the second one? Do you not recognise FFS?

Looking at the stats on your game and speaking to a couple of Albion fans, you seem to have murdered them - cannot believe some of your lot are moaning about your performance.

Zaha did what Zaha does, it's not even classified as a dive anymore. It's something so much more. Murray also did what Murray does, and I miss him doing it for us. :down:

Seem to have, yes. Peterborough were incredibly awful, it's the most inept performance from a Championship team since Stoke walloped us 5-1 on the last day a few years ago... Our performance was terrible, the result glossed over it. Awful game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Revenge is sweet. Sooner or later the refs and assistant refs will get wise to the theatrics in the penalty box.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
even they would concede this is a legendary post of c#ap ! 10000 when your winner went in last night as you all legged it to get out of the wonder stadium with the worst surrounding infrastructure ever !
Where do you get this ridiculous figure of 10k from, your backside? We have a great stadium, and the surrounding infrastructure struggles to cope with over 20k, so what? Beggars can't be choosers, we had no home for 14 years and were glad to finally have a home. Are you just bitter that we now have a stadium? You seem to want the title of legendary post of crap all to yourself.

i bet the regular fans who i respect from the Withdean were all there and they deserve your recent upsurge to the second tier alot more than your sort. No class which is why you will allways be the ones we cant take seriously
No class? Look at all the Palace supporters on here all of a sudden, just because you're top.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They are currently top on merit. Clearly the in form team at the moment. It pains me to say it but they fully deserve their time at the top.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They are currently top on merit. Clearly the in form team at the moment. It pains me to say it but they fully deserve their time at the top.

But can they do a "Burnley" (2008/2009) and punch above their weight for the whole season ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

But can they do a "Burnley" (2008/2009) and punch above their weight for the whole season ?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

We have the best player in the league in Zaha. We have the best defensive midfielder in the league in Jedinak. We have the best keeper in the league over the last 5 years in Speroni. We have the divisions second top scorer in Murray (would be top but for the machine Charlie Austin) We have two class fullbacks (not as good as yours though) and we've made some very good signings.

On paper, our squad should be top 6 material. With a good manager and a bit of luck we could push that up to the top two.

"We're winning again, we're winning agaaaaaaain, we're f***ing boring, we're winning again"

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We have the best player in the league in Zaha. We have the best defensive midfielder in the league in Jedinak. We have the best keeper in the league over the last 5 years in Speroni. We have the divisions second top scorer in Murray (would be top but for the machine Charlie Austin) We have two class fullbacks (not as good as yours though) and we've made some very good signings.

On paper, our squad should be top 6 material. With a good manager and a bit of luck we could push that up to the top two.

"We're winning again, we're winning agaaaaaaain, we're f***ing boring, we're winning again"

Here we go, top of the league and you're giving it all that.

Speroni best keeper ? I can name 4/5 he's not better than.

Jedinak best defensive midfielder? :lolol:

I can't wait to rub it in again when you're below us :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Winifred and Muzza would have won gold at the Olympics , Daley is a complete amateur compared to them.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Revenge is sweet. Sooner or later the refs and assistant refs will get wise to the theatrics in the penalty box.

If you think the only reason we are top is because of penalties then i'm afriad you're in for a very rude awakening. What about the other 3 sublime goals we scored last night? Or the beautiful Murray header at the weekend? Or Zaha's 2 world class goals agaisn't Wolves?

Face facts, people like you, Sheebo and TheMajor really must be pig sick seeing us at the summit, beating all the big teams and playing incredible passing football, the fact that you have to be so ungracious about the situation shows that. But when you couple that in with your shocking run of form, your boring/negative football and a lucky last minute win agaisnt one of the worse sides in the division, well in a way i can see why you're so upset!

And to the Complete Badger, what a stupid post. Our attendences are in line with pretty much all the teams in this league apart from Derby and yourselves, most people are suffering hard times these days you know? :facepalm:

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Who the hell is FFS? This is a forum for adults i'm afraid..

No suprise it was Zaha and Murray who won the pens (again) - Literally predicted that - Two of the biggest divers in the division :thumbsup:

Fair play to Palace tho, you can't deny they've done well with a v poor squad on paper. Will be interesting to see if they can last the pace now and stay up. I wonder how much they're paying per penno? This no doubt helps but maybe the businesses and services who were paid 1p in the £ are getting a bit annoyed that they lost £1000s and now the refs are getting it this

You know sod all about our squad clearly by the drivel you post on here,sour grapes mate.
Squads are not made up on paper or do 15,000 odd stop you getting promoted(See Blackpool Bradford Pompey etc)
That's about where we are as a club we don't claim to be massive like you deluded fools our gates are on the up our away support this year is right up there too.
I just hope you lot keep underestimating us like last year and at the beginning of this season,I honestly am expecting the bubble to burst but if you can't enjoy football and form like ours at the moment then why bother.
10 weeks from rock bottom too top(beatenBoltonWolves Charlton Leicester away)
Beaten (Cardiff Blackburn Burnley Ipswich Sheff weds )and drew with Barnsley Millwall and forest we should of won all 3 of those draws.
Not one match on our run have we not deserved to win.
But it's a long game this Championship if we are top 6 in January I fancy us to go up.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Here we go, top of the league and you're giving it all that.

Speroni best keeper ? I can name 4/5 he's not better than.

Jedinak best defensive midfielder? :lolol:

I can't wait to rub it in again when you're below us :D

How often have you seen him play, serious question? He is IMMENSE

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
table top curse.jpg
(hover over/click to enlarge)

Two weeks at the top, and then they will drop off like everyone else has. If the stay there longer, the drop may be more severe, looking at Blackpool...

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Zaha did what Zaha does, it's not even classified as a dive anymore. It's something so much more. Murray also did what Murray does, and I miss him doing it for us. :down:

Seem to have, yes. Peterborough were incredibly awful, it's the most inept performance from a Championship team since Stoke walloped us 5-1 on the last day a few years ago... Our performance was terrible, the result glossed over it. Awful game.

I heard they parked the bus and almost got away with it! Fair play to keep on going and grinding out the win.

Have to say Ipswich were very much in it for the first 20 minutes but then fell apart. Considering they are classed as a decent footballing team, for us to 69% possession is impressive.

You say Posh were awful, have you seen Blackburn yet? - Absolutely shocking. Ipswich were far better but got spanked.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here