Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace top of the Championship thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
i feel if we play like we did in the first half 2 day they will tear us apart with murray scoring

And if we play like we did in the second half, and the luck goes with us, we'll cream them.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Dives? Zaha knocked it on a bit to far I'll grant you that, a debatable one.
The FFS one, the second one? Do you not recognise FFS?

Looking at the stats on your game and speaking to a couple of Albion fans, you seem to have murdered them - cannot believe some of your lot are moaning about your performance.

That Zaha dive was shocking. He was on the floor before the tackle even came in. Such a shame that a good player has to litter his game with constant cheating.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
I respect what Palace are doing on the pitch this season, but an attendance of 15,500 to watch a team go top of the second tier is an utter embarrassment. To think they have the cheek to criticise our support is just unbelievable. I don't remember them being this badly supported even five or six years ago. What's changed? They've become a minnow, an also-ran and quite simply a club that it is impossible to take seriously. Despite their good run of form, is it time for us to look elsewhere for a rival that can get more than 15,000 when top?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?263401-Time-some-fans-started-showing-a-bit-more-class

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I hate palace just as much as anyone else here. But sometimes you've got to have a bit of humility.
They have beaten some top teams home and away. Leicester away springs to mind.
Things change very quickly in the championship and I think that the change will be significant. But at the moment all you can say is well done.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Of course we can all respect what Palace are achieving.

That doesn't stop us mocking them. That's the point of a rivalry.

I can't imagine too many City fans going onto the United chatrooms and saying "oh, well done. You're deservedly top. Well played." They'll be on their saying United are lucky, have bought the premiership, the tide is turning and Old Trafford is a dump or words to such effect.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah that massive 1 goal you got in last minute of half against the mighty posh ! we only scored 4 in second half we need to do better before we play the weed !

:facepalm:

I think the key part of my post, which you have seemingly dismissed, is "and the luck goes with us". I presume you were at CPFC last night, so you wouldn't have witnessed the number of chances we created, compared with the dull first half?

35yearstop2divs

May 16, 2011
I respect what Palace are doing on the pitch this season, but an attendance of 15,500 to watch a team go top of the second tier is an utter embarrassment. To think they have the cheek to criticise our support is just unbelievable. I don't remember them being this badly supported even five or six years ago. What's changed? They've become a minnow, an also-ran and quite simply a club that it is impossible to take seriously. Despite their good run of form, is it time for us to look elsewhere for a rival that can get more than 15,000 when top?

brilliant there are some mugs on here but i think even they would concede this is a legendary post of c#ap ! 10000 when your winner went in last night as you all legged it to get out of the wonder stadium with the worst surrounding infrastructure ever ! i bet the regular fans who i respect from the Withdean were all there and they deserve your recent upsurge to the second tier alot more than your sort . No class which is why you will allways be the ones we cant take seriously

35yearstop2divs

May 16, 2011
:facepalm:

I think the key part of my post, which you have seemingly dismissed, is "and the luck goes with us". I presume you were at CPFC last night, so you wouldn't have witnessed the number of chances we created, compared with the dull first half?

you can make all the chances in the world and like against Leeds which i watched you are good in midfield but look dodgy in the boxes you remind me of Liverpool loads of chances not many goals

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dives? Zaha knocked it on a bit to far I'll grant you that, a debatable one.
The FFS one, the second one? Do you not recognise FFS?

Looking at the stats on your game and speaking to a couple of Albion fans, you seem to have murdered them - cannot believe some of your lot are moaning about your performance.

Who the hell is FFS? This is a forum for adults i'm afraid..

No suprise it was Zaha and Murray who won the pens (again) - Literally predicted that - Two of the biggest divers in the division :thumbsup:

Fair play to Palace tho, you can't deny they've done well with a v poor squad on paper. Will be interesting to see if they can last the pace now and stay up. I wonder how much they're paying per penno? This no doubt helps but maybe the businesses and services who were paid 1p in the £ are getting a bit annoyed that they lost £1000s and now the refs are getting it this yr?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
brilliant there are some mugs on here but i think even they would concede this is a legendary post of c#ap ! 10000 when your winner went in last night as you all legged it to get out of the wonder stadium with the worst surrounding infrastructure ever ! i bet the regular fans who i respect from the Withdean were all there and they deserve your recent upsurge to the second tier alot more than your sort . No class which is why you will allways be the ones we cant take seriously

Sit down, relax and take some deep breaths.

Mummy has told you lots and lots of times that football makes you get in a right state.

There, there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

You may want to look at his join date thicky :)

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008

No suprise it was Zaha and Murray who won the pens (again) - Literally predicted that - Two of the biggest divers in the division :thumbsup:

Fair play to Palace tho, you can't deny they've done well with a v poor squad on paper. Will be interesting to see if they can last the pace now and stay up. I wonder how much they're paying per penno? This no doubt helps but maybe the businesses and services who were paid 1p in the £ are getting a bit annoyed that they lost £1000s and now the refs are getting it this yr?

Mate, Murray DID NOT win a penalty last night. it was Garvan who was hacked down, not Murray. Sky called it wrong.

The problem defences have when they come up against Zaha is that he is just simply to good for them. Say what you like mate, but as of now, Zaha, Bolasie & Murray are simply unplayable at the moment.

Still, you've got Super Will.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008

Have you still not let this go?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mate, Murray DID NOT win a penalty last night. it was Garvan who was hacked down, not Murray. Sky called it wrong.

The problem defences have when they come up against Zaha is that he is just simply to good for them. Say what you like mate, but as of now, Zaha, Bolasie & Murray are simply unplayable at the moment.

Still, you've got Super Will.

No suprise Zaha cheated (again). Strange the amount of pens you've had eh? Oh there's one common denominator...

I don't deny Zaha is a good player - a cut above most players on the pitch, but he spoils it by constantly cheating - we used to openly admit Murray used to go down like a sack of shit - same with Leon Knight - your fans can't seem to admit you have a full on diving cheat on your hands tho - maybe when he goes to Bolton in Jan you will admit this?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So far, every team that hit the top spot have shortly thereafter fallen down. Blackpool, Blackburn, Us, Leicester.

Cardiff were the only ones to return to the top, but they've dropped off again. So, by that pattern, palace should start to drop off after one or two games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here