Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace top of the Championship thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Showing Palace on Sky Sports now, dives from Zaha and Murray for the first and second ones. But the referee buys them. Fantastic result for Palace tonight, well played and enjoy being top of the league.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We are playing very well atm , but as you have said there is a long way to go . As long as our form continues till december i will be happy:)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Would love to agree with you, but Gus has to realise Barnes and McSmudger are not capable of getting on the end of the crosses coming into the box,his tactics are not working and he must change them, we were lucky today against the posh any other team would have beaten us

I really wish someone would rescind your posting rights.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Personally I find these Palace threads quite amusing and confusing. Except for when we play them I have no interest in our six fingered footballing neighbours from Surrey.

Why are people so committed to opening them?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Pains me to say it but fully deserved. They have been regularly accumulating good results for weeks now. Bodes well on the pitch with Holloway now at the helm. Off the pitch is surely where it could go awry?

Actually, we're even better off the pitch. Just ask Ian Holloway, he has more staff here than at all his other clubs out together, and he has a fantastic relationship with the board already. The attendances are increasing too. Not far off 16000 on a Tuesday night is about 3000 over average, and actually more than we got on a few Saturdays last season. Winning games attracts more supporters, and we're 12 unbeaten with 9 wins and 3 draws.

"We win every week, we win every week, we're f***ing boring, we win every week"

This is a magical time to be a Palace fan.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We weren't lucky. We were unlucky not to score more. Peterborough rode their luck.

Correct. The amount of shots where they got a lucky block or deflection, or it hit the post. Could've easily been 3 or 4 nil today. We utterly outclassed them all over the pitch.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Well I'm going to enjoy the moment wile I can , top of the league 5-0 win , hatrick for FFs Murray and a top choice for new manager , thing are good for a so called favourite for relegation side,
We have a pacey slick side who are scaring teams to death but I'm far to wise and old in the tooth to blow my own trumpit to loud for too long
Things can soon change in a few games
Still if you can enjoy your team in top spot you might as well give up

BR, like you, I am a bit long in the tooth and have seen Palace teams clutch defeat out of the jaws of victory too many times. But do you not think that this time we are the ''real deal''? I know you have built up a bit of a reputation with our 'weedy' friends as being a bit of an all round good egg but surely even you can see and have the confidence to state it on here that this time it's going to happen?!

Oh, just to cheer up the locals seeing as you are so obsessed with attendances, the crowd was announced as 15,500 odd! But even that is a 2000 or so increase in mid-week attendances previously! :thumbsup: Just remember, my Brighton friends, attendances (or the lack of them) will not stop us claiming our rightful slot as Champions!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We're top of the league
We're top of the league
WE'RE CRYSTAL PALACE
WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

True but you're there to be shot at now, teams will raise their games and it will become that much more difficult. Not sure that anyone has stayed top for more than a couple of games either. You are there on merit at the moment but can you keep it up? Have you had any injuries to key players?

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Showing Palace on Sky Sports now, dives from Zaha and Murray for the first and second ones. But the referee buys them. Fantastic result for Palace tonight, well played and enjoy being top of the league.

Dives? Zaha knocked it on a bit to far I'll grant you that, a debatable one.
The FFS one, the second one? Do you not recognise FFS?

Looking at the stats on your game and speaking to a couple of Albion fans, you seem to have murdered them - cannot believe some of your lot are moaning about your performance.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Thats a very BOLD statement.

We wont finish top, but you'll need to be top 6 to have a chance of finishing above us.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
True but you're there to be shot at now, teams will raise their games and it will become that much more difficult. Not sure that anyone has stayed top for more than a couple of games either. You are there on merit at the moment but can you keep it up? Have you had any injuries to key players?

Great post. We have been okay on the injury front other than Johnny Williams and Paddy McCarthy really. We have a small squad at present but have more youngsters that could push for a place in the squad if needs be.

There are plenty of Palace fans getting carried away, but would like to think there are plenty more Palace fans keeping feet on the ground.

I must say however, this is the best Palace squad I've seen in 30 years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The attendances are increasing too. Not far off 16000 on a Tuesday night is about 3000 over average
Nobody does plastic like Palace.
We're top of the league
We're top of the league
WE'RE CRYSTAL PALACE
WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
Where were you when you were shit
Where were you when you were shit?

So you've just registered here. Will you stick around when you go back to being crap?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here