Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oatway's Ordeals Announced!

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Vote for Charlie Oatway's ordeal and raise money for charity...
Albion fans have the chance to vote on the first terrifying experience that first-team coach and club legend Charlie Oatway will have to endure to help raise funds for Albion in the Community, after the latest of his testimonial events Oatway's Ordeals was announced today.Fans can text in now and vote for one of two ordeals which the former skipper's testimonial committee have selected as part of events to celebrate Charlie's ten years with the club and AITC.
The choice of ordeals awaiting Charlie is:
Ordeal A – 'All things bugs and beautiful' which will involve Charlie eating a plate of live bugs and insects.
Or:
Ordeal B – 'Into the deep blue sea', which will see the flight-and-water-fearing 38-year-old thrown in the sea from a helicopter and rescued in Brighton.
Fans can vote for their favourite ordeal by texting either ORDEAL A or ORDEAL B to 70100.
Oatway said, “I really can't thank my testimonial committee enough for coming up with these suggestions! I'm now regretting ever telling them that I was scared of flying and water or that I can’t stand any type of creepy crawlies!
“In all seriousness though, if I can help raise money for Albion in the Community and give people a bit of fun along the way by doing this then I'm more then prepared to go through with it.
“My fate is now in the hands of the general public now and I'll be a nervous wreck over the next few weeks waiting to find out which ordeal I am going to have to take part in!"
You can catch Charlie talking about his Oatway Ordeals and his testimonial on Soccer AM on Sky Sports 1 from 9am tomorrow morning, and keep up-to-date with all the news about his testimonial at http://www.charlieoatway.co.uk.
Texts will be charged at £1 plus your standard network rate with proceeds going towards Albion in the Community.
Service operated by Albion in the Community. Customer telephone helpline: 0845 873 0251. Entrants must have bill payer’s permission and be over 18. Competition opens 3rd November 2012 and closes at midnight on 23rd November 2012.
Buy tickets for Albion’s home games against Peterborough United online.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here