Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet Satisfied with Blackpool Point

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion boss Gus Poyet was pleased with a point at Bloomfield Road, despite the home side grabbing an equaliser 18 minutes from time...
The Seagulls absorbed a lot of pressure from the Tangerines, before taking the lead through Ashley Barnes, and Poyet admitted there was an element of luck on his team's side.He told seagulls.co.uk, “If you analyse the game it was a very good point because we did not play as well as we have been.
“We did not create as many chances as we have recently, but this is football for you. We were probably a bit lucky to get to half-time without conceding and somehow we scored first.
“But everybody knows that a goal down at Bloomfield Road, Blackpool will send a lot of people forward.
“They were always going to have plenty of crosses and we had to deal with that, but we didn’t deal with one of their crosses and they scored. Credit to Blackpool for that."
Yet despite the equaliser, Poyet was pleased with his team's rearguard action.
“When you come here you need your defence to be strong and you need the goalkeeper to make a couple of saves, so on the whole we are happy.
“It was not easy for us and we couldn’t play our game. Some of that was down to the opposition and some of it was down to our own quality.
“On another day, if we were a little bit more clinical we could even have scored on one of the breaks towards the end. I thought it was going to be our lucky day but that would not have been fair on Blackpool. We will take a point and that is enough."
Poyet also hailed the travelling supporters, who made the long trip to Lancashire, despite another frustrating result.
“The fans were great. I was looking across and it was nice to see them. Considering how our games have gone recently and knowing how far it was to travel, I’m pleased that so many of them could come. I’m also really happy that they got to celebrate a goal in their half."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here